Friend of mine is adamant that she is ugly

• Thread starter DrDeath
  • Start date
In summary, a person is worried about their friend's insecurities about her appearance and has started a topic for others to debate whether she is ugly or good looking. Despite the effort, the friend may not believe anything positive about herself due to her insecurities.

is my friend ugly or good looking?

• total dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not bad

• woah hot stuff

• Total voters
DrDeath
a friend of mine is adamant that she is ugly and won't believe anyone who tells her otherwise. so with her permission i have started a topic with an enclosed picture so the great minds here can debate it and come to conclussion as to wherther she is ugly or good looking. please help cos her constant whineing about her so called ugliness is driving me to suicide.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure it will matter what we say, even if we all declare her exquisite. Some people are so insecure that they can't be talked out of a negative view of themselves.

I know but its worth a try so all i can do is wait for the pic to be approved so as people can actually look at it, and then see what they all think.

What is the definition of "ugly" in this context?

In this context, "ugly" likely refers to the person's physical appearance or perceived lack of attractiveness.

Is it possible for someone to be truly "ugly"?

The concept of "ugliness" is subjective and varies from person to person. Some may find certain physical features or characteristics unattractive, while others may find them appealing. It is not possible for someone to be universally deemed as "ugly."

How can I help my friend who feels that she is ugly?

First, it is important to listen to your friend and validate their feelings. Remind them that their worth is not determined by their appearance. Encourage them to focus on their positive qualities and engage in activities that make them feel confident and happy. Seek professional help if their self-perception is significantly impacting their daily life.

Why does my friend feel so strongly that she is ugly?

There could be various reasons for your friend's belief, such as societal pressure to conform to certain beauty standards, past negative experiences or comments about their appearance, or underlying mental health issues. It is important to understand and empathize with your friend's perspective and provide support.

What can I do if my friend's perception of their appearance is affecting our friendship?

Try to have an open and honest conversation with your friend about how their self-perception is impacting your relationship. Express your concerns and offer your support. Encourage them to seek professional help if needed. It is also important to take care of yourself and set boundaries if their self-perception is causing you emotional distress.