Staff Promotion: Introducing berkeman as the New Engineering Forum Leader

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, berkeman has been appointed as the new mentor for the engineering forums, replacing enigma who will still be around but busy with real life obligations. The community congratulates berkeman and thanks enigma for their efforts over the years. There is a discussion about coffee preferences and some playful banter before the thread is locked. The community expresses excitement for berkeman's new role and congratulates them on their well-deserved appointment.
Please welcome berkeman, as he will be taking over for enigma in the engineering forums. Engima will be around but is busy with real life obligations.

Congratulations berkeman! And thank you engima for your efforts over the years!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, berkeman. We'll let you know of the ritual we have for new Mentors once Moonbear gets back.

Zz.

Welcome aboard, berkeman! :approve:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome berkeman! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I like my coffee hot with cheap Walmart brand Amaretto creamer.

Congratulations, berkeman! Well done!

Get you lot with your fancy pants badges, beards and bling!

Welcome - can I call you Kemosabe...?

Good on ya', Berkeman. It's well deserved.

Welcome aboard, berkeman.
Thanks to enigma for his work as mentor over the years.

... not to mention, some of the best laughs I've ever had on here when enigma tried to make that pumpkin thingy a while back!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zz.

Congrats berkeman! Well-deserved.

Sincere thanks, folks. I feel fortunate to have found the PF a while back. It's a great resource -- I've learned a lot here in the forums (at many levels), and I'm glad to be able to give a little back. Thread locked.

J/K:biggrin:

Welcome aboard berkeman!

brewnog said:
Get you lot with your fancy pants badges, beards and bling!
I swear, it's just a few hairs, not at all a full beard; nothing a little waxing doesn't fix! :grumpy:

Ooh, this is so exciting now that I've been appointed the responsibility of planning the initiation ceremony! :devil: Of course, that's all done in complete secrecy behind the curtains of the mentors' private lair. I saw just the place to get the supplies while riding the bus the other day. I've never before seen a store that advertised right out front that it sold wares for "freaks." :bugeye: o:)

The king is dead - Long live the King!

Congrats Berke...very much deserved.

Congratulations Berkeman, a fine appointment.

Congratulations, berkeman. Make us proud!

Congrats to berkeman!
And thank you, Engima !

Congratulations Berkeman! Nice job!

Last edited:

1. What qualifications does berkeman have for the Engineering Forum Leader position?

Berkeman has a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and over 10 years of experience working in the engineering industry. They have also been an active member of the engineering forum for the past 5 years, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the subject matter and strong leadership skills.

2. How was berkeman chosen as the new Engineering Forum Leader?

Berkeman went through a rigorous selection process, including interviews and evaluations from a panel of senior engineers and current forum leaders. They were chosen based on their qualifications, experience, and leadership potential.

3. What changes can we expect with berkeman as the new Engineering Forum Leader?

Berkeman has expressed their commitment to maintaining the high standards of the engineering forum while also bringing fresh ideas and perspectives. They will also be working closely with the current forum leaders to ensure a smooth transition and continuity in the forum's operations.

4. How will berkeman handle conflicts or disagreements within the forum?

Berkeman has shown excellent communication and problem-solving skills during the selection process, and we trust that they will handle conflicts and disagreements in a fair and respectful manner. They will also have the support of the forum's moderators and administrators in resolving any issues that may arise.

5. Will there be any changes in the forum's rules and regulations with berkeman as the new leader?

At this time, there are no planned changes to the forum's rules and regulations. Berkeman will work closely with the other forum leaders to ensure that the current guidelines are followed and any necessary updates will be communicated to the forum members in a timely manner.