Strange Behavior - Clicking on Thread Takes Me to Reply

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
In summary, the strange behavior of being taken directly to the reply section when clicking on a thread could be caused by a coding error or bug in the website's programming or by user settings. The issue may only occur on certain devices or browsers and can be fixed by adjusting settings or by the website's developers. Steps can also be taken to prevent this issue from happening in the future through regular testing and troubleshooting. Other users may also be affected, and checking online forums or contacting support can help determine the extent of the issue.
berkeman
Mentor
Strange Behavior -- Clicking on Thread Takes Me to Reply

I saw this thread about a Cross Product and Area of a Triangle in the "New Posts" page, but when I click on it, I get taken straight to the Reply page.

Maybe a forum glitch?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=153819

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I've seen this before. I think it's an empty thread--no first post. Some kind of glitch.

1. What causes the strange behavior of clicking on a thread taking me directly to the reply section?

This could be caused by a coding error or bug in the website's programming that is redirecting users to the reply section instead of the main thread. It could also be due to a user's browser or device settings.

2. Is this issue specific to a certain type of device or browser?

It is possible that this issue may only occur on certain devices or browsers, as it could be related to compatibility issues or different settings. However, further investigation would be needed to determine the exact cause.

3. How can I fix this issue?

If the issue is related to the website's programming, it would need to be fixed by the website's developers. If it is related to user settings, adjusting browser or device settings may resolve the issue.

4. Can this issue be prevented in the future?

If the issue is caused by a coding error or bug, the developers can take steps to prevent it from occurring in the future. Regular testing and troubleshooting can also help prevent similar issues from happening again.

5. Is this issue affecting other users as well?

It is possible that other users may also experience this issue, especially if it is related to a website programming error. Checking online forums or contacting the website's support team can help determine if others are experiencing the same problem.