Hack & Edit OpenGL32.dll - Solutions & Tips

• Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date
In summary, you'll need a hex editor or perhaps a disassembler, a boat-load of knowledge, and a system call separator (like ResHacker) to edit an opengl32.dll file.
hagopbul
how can i edit an opengl32.dll file:confused:
and i try notbad, word ,...etc

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
notepad, word, wordpad, dreamweaver, photoshop.. :smile:

You'll need a hex editor or perhaps a disassembler. You'll also need a boat-load of knowledge.

go to Start
Click "Run..."
In the box that pops up, type "Format C:" (not the quotes)
Then, follow the instructions.
Make sure to press "Y" to any yes/no questions it asks. This is very important.

If you do this, you will be given super hacking powers!

In fact, I make sure to do this every time I build a new computer.

If the DLL has anything worth editing, you can "hack it" (moreover you can open it) using a useful utility called ResHacker.

a dynamicly linked library file is just an executable that gets called on by multiple programs, resource hacker is just a dissassembler, meaning it will get you back to assembly language level. now you have to separate the system calls and figure out what's passing or being passed, the rest is just reverse engineering. more to it of course (lots of os and asm, data structure knowelege) but this basicly it.

BoredNL xD you're a mean mean man.. But i actually also do this every time I build a new computer, so it's true enough..

BoredNL said:
go to Start
Click "Run..."
In the box that pops up, type "Format C:" (not the quotes)
Then, follow the instructions.
Make sure to press "Y" to any yes/no questions it asks. This is very important.

If you do this, you will be given super hacking powers!

In fact, I make sure to do this every time I build a new computer.
You can't format the HD that the system files are on from inside the OS, all the files are locked.

Anttech that's right, but I think it was meant to be a joke..

A joke is suppose to be funny isn't it? :smile:

I guess so.. Don't think hagopbul would have found it funny if he actually accidentally formatted his computer

i know all that and i anderstand the jok
but you don't know the file that i am asking about?
you don't know what is opengl32 :confused:

Just Googled opengl32 you gets lots on info. Basically hacking into it is a way of cheating in OpenGL games. Isn't playing fairly more challenging?

opengl is the counterpart to directx right.. I remember playing counter strike, and when I got bored i dl'et cheats (sorry).. Some of em was opengl cheats, that could make the walls in a single colour to make people more easy to see, or other kind of "colour-hack" :P

hagopbul said:
i know all that and i anderstand the jok
but you don't know the file that i am asking about?
you don't know what is opengl32 :confused:
You really need to be specific about what you want to do. A lot of what is in that file is plain text and can as Anttech suggested, be modified with a text editor.

You can't format the C drive. Go ahead and try it..

lol

Haven't you ever told someone who wanted to "hack" in their video game that to unlock the cheats they had to press ALT + F4? (the funny thing is that they think they are "hackers")

pffft, you guys are no fun.

Yes, you can format the C drive.. But not in that way.. People here take things too serious, can't even see the joke..

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxwells Demon said:
Yes, you can format the C drive.. But not in that way.. People here take things to serious, can't even see the joke..

Oh well, that's ok. If it doesn't strike them as funny, that's their loss, right? :)

I should start a thread saying "how i make server" and they will then not be snide with me, right? Or I should ask how to hack some video game so I can cheat in it and they will respect me. ;)

Btw, I know you can format the c drive, lol. I was letting it be assumed that I was referring to while windows was running off of that drive when the format attempt was being made.

good

BoredNL said:
Oh well, that's ok. If it doesn't strike them as funny, that's their loss, right? :)

I should start a thread saying "how i make server" and they will then not be snide with me, right? Or I should ask how to hack some video game so I can cheat in it and they will respect me. ;)

Btw, I know you can format the c drive, lol. I was letting it be assumed that I was referring to while windows was running off of that drive when the format attempt was being made.

i want to chang some off my video card drive feature not hacking in some game i don't have time for that:rofl: :rofl: :zzz:

Last edited:
Most games have a video settings file that can be edited with a text editor as well...

BoredNL said:
You can't format the C drive. Go ahead and try it..

lol

Haven't you ever told someone who wanted to "hack" in their video game that to unlock the cheats they had to press ALT + F4? (the funny thing is that they think they are "hackers")

pffft, you guys are no fun.
You cant, its not possible. That is why you have to use a sub-os to do it. like a linux disk, or your beloved windows xp disk. PFFFT you are no fun :smile: and certainly no hack.

hagopbul said:
i want to chang some off my video card drive feature not hacking in some game i don't have time for that:rofl: :rofl: :zzz:

Have you opened up your configuration utility for your graphics card and looked for the option? You'd be surprised what changes you can make. You might be able to save yourself the humongous headache of learning how to reverse engineer.

A few things to consider:
1. It is illegal to hack/decompile/disassemble most programs (including their dll files).
2. You could potentially cause permanent damage to your computer's hardware or software if you make the wrong change.
3. Do you know how to program?
4. Are you willing to accept the loss of your graphics card or worse if you mess up?
5. How important is this to you really?

If you have a background in programming, you will be able to do this after you've learned a few minor things. I don't know what language the dll file was written in, but it's probably C+. I'm guessing that you would already know how to hack this dll or at least be able to find out how if you were a programmer though, so I'm guessing that you aren't one.

You will need a decompiler that can recompile the DLL file after you've decompiled and edited it. I have a program that does just this. It wasn't free (there are ways around this if necessary but I don't recommend it), but it was extremely useful and easy to use. (I used it to remove ads from programs and to customize things I shouldn't have been able to customize in programs like internet explorer and AIM.. err.. Did I just say that? I mean.. not internet explorer or AIM.. I mean something that would be legal to decompile. ;))

If you really want to go ahead with this, let me know and I'll find out what the program was called. Seeing as how it's buried somewhere deep inside my 460gb of crap on my old desktop though, I don't want to have to go searching for it if I don't have to. My old desktop is a nightmare to search though. If you don't know anything about programming, then I'm not going to bother looking because you won't be able to do anything anyways (you will have to edit code) and you could cause damage to your computer or software and I would not want to be a part of that.

Well, I hope this was helpful. :)

Philip

Last edited:
Anttech said:
You cant, its not possible. That is why you have to use a sub-os to do it. like a linux disk, or your beloved windows xp disk. PFFFT you are no fun :smile: and certainly no hack.

I've been building/rebuilding and troubleshooting problems on computers for 14 years now. I don't need to be told this sort of thing, lol.

I like using a live linux cd for this sort of thing. They are more fun. But since I usually use NTFS, I just use my WinXP cd on my new builds. Hmm.. It's about time to build a new computer.. Now if only my cash flow were to stop being diverted into things like "bills." *sigh*

Philip

I've been building/rebuilding and troubleshooting problems on computers for 14 years now. I don't need to be told this sort of thing, lol.
Philip, lol as in sarcasm since you do need to be told, or lol as in nervous laugh to punctuate your sentence? (lol)

Great that you have so much experience, welcome. I expect that you are dieing to help people here then.

Anttech said:
Philip, lol as in sarcasm since you do need to be told, or lol as in nervous laugh to punctuate your sentence? (lol)

Great that you have so much experience, welcome. I expect that you are dieing to help people here then.

Why did I need to be told? The joke was to run format from the run dialog in windows, therefore the operating system's hard drive would not be formatted. You were the second person to tell me that the drive could be formatted outside of windows. I already replied to the other person before you told me it could be done as well. I just found it to be funny that people kept telling me that it is possible to format the hard drive (outside of windows) when that is not at all what I was saying. I wasn't being "sarcastic" or "nervous." lol

Also, I actually do enjoy helping people out. I've run forums before, I was the administrator of an IRC channel with over 500 people in it, and lead a few clans (the biggest wasn't that big, it only had 70 or 80 members at any given time). I've given free tech support to friends, family, strangers online for years now, because I don't mind. Don't judge me so harshly for making a joke. My goodness, the hostility in this thread is amazing.

Phil

Phil, there isn't any hostility, but that wasnt funny. Not you personally but what you posted.

The fact is some people may actually do that, and could format a disk, albeit not the boot partition, as explained before. Within Windows, depending on how you start your Command prompt there is a possibility to open it on another drive other than the boot partition. For example if on logon a script runs and executes a bat file situation on your data partition. Next time you open cmd you will be opening it on a non-boot partition. Your *joke* may cause damage.

There isn't any hostility towards you, but rather some people may attack your post, and rubbish it. Dont take it personally, really.

Anttech said:
Phil, there isn't any hostility, but that wasnt funny. Not you personally but what you posted.

The fact is some people may actually do that, and could format a disk, albeit not the boot partition, as explained before. Within Windows, depending on how you start your Command prompt there is a possibility to open it on another drive other than the boot partition. For example if on logon a script runs and executes a bat file situation on your data partition. Next time you open cmd you will be opening it on a non-boot partition. Your *joke* may cause damage.

There isn't any hostility towards you, but rather some people may attack your post, and rubbish it. Dont take it personally, really.

It doesn't matter what hard drive you type "format c:" in. It makes no difference. Also, nobody "rubbished" my post. This is ridiculous.

You have no sense of humor, period. From what I've seen, your posts are robotic with 0 charisma, 0 humor, and 0 empathy.

I have a +2 charisma card in my back pocket and and a basic deck with a +1 humor and empathy. So you see, I'm already 1 point ahead of you. Not only that, but I think you're only playing with half a deck. So ha! *throws down an 'arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics' card*

Beat that! ;)

Phil

:rofl: NERD FIGHT!

It doesn't matter what hard drive you type "format c:" in. It makes no difference. Also, nobody "rubbished" my post. This is ridiculous.
I rubbished your post :smile: and of course it matters, I said drive not hard drive, your 14 years of experience knows the difference right?

Telling someone to format their hard-drive is not charismatic. Its not funny and its typically of a pre-adolescent *attempt* at a joke.

You have no sense of humor, period. From what I've seen, your posts are robotic with 0 charisma, 0 humor, and 0 empathy.
Im not here to impress you. And if you read the rules before you posted you would relies that we arent a *l33t* WOW irc channel where you can use your ubb3r skills to flame other members.
I have a +2 charisma card in my back pocket and and a basic deck with a +1 humor and empathy. So you see, I'm already 1 point ahead of you. Not only that, but I think you're only playing with half a deck. So ha! *throws down an 'arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics' card*
WTF are you talking about? Is this another *joke* like your other one, where you attempt to undermine someone else, in the believe that others who read your joke (read: crap) will think you are an ubber l33t haxzor. Which is equivalent to looking in the mirror and making yourself go blind (the metaphorical equivalent at least).

Get the picture yet, or do I need to spell it out to you?

The only hostility was coming from you, critism and hostility arent the same thing. You do understand that, don't you?

Last edited:
Ok, we're done here..