Exist Devices to Assist in Exerting 160+ Lbs of Force?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using devices to assist in exerting a force of 160 lbs or more in a specific direction with minimal effort. Suggestions such as linear actuators, hydraulic ram systems, and screw jacks are mentioned, with the idea of using a lever being the best option. The conversation concludes with the suggestion of using a larger lever to lift heavier objects.
socalfusions
Do any devices exist that can assist your arms in exerting a force of 160 lbs or more in a direction of such where you would have your arms extended and move them up and down, like flapping wings for example, to the effect that you would be using the minimum amount of effort required which would be you just moving your arms and not actually have to support the required weight?

In another post I made about what devices could help in exerting a force of 160 lbs or greater someone mentioned linear actuators, which looked very promising, but I haven't come across solid enough information of whether they could obtain what I am looking for.

Perhaps my more detailed explanation in this thread will be more helpful in determining whether such technology exists, thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Linear actuators, some form of hydraulic ram system or a screw jack.

That's the best I can come up with.

A lever.

jarednjames said:
Linear actuators, some form of hydraulic ram system or a screw jack.

That's the best I can come up with.

Thanks I'll try to do some more research on these suggestions.

russ_watters said:
A lever.

Can you elaborate some more please? :tongue:

socalfusions said:
Can you elaborate some more please? :tongue:

A big lever?

But seriously, with enough leverage, providing the lever material is up to it, you can lift anything.

1. What are "Exist Devices to Assist in Exerting 160+ Lbs of Force"?

"Exist Devices to Assist in Exerting 160+ Lbs of Force" refers to any type of mechanical or technological tool designed to aid individuals in exerting a force of 160 pounds or more. These devices are often used in industries such as construction, manufacturing, and healthcare to help workers with physically demanding tasks.

2. How do these devices work?

The specific mechanisms and functions of these devices vary depending on the type and purpose. Some devices use hydraulics or pneumatics to amplify the user's strength, while others use mechanical gears or motors. There are also exoskeletons and pneumatic gloves that can be worn to enhance the user's natural strength and grip.

3. Who can benefit from using these devices?

These devices can be beneficial for anyone who needs to exert a force of 160 pounds or more for extended periods of time. This includes people with physical disabilities, workers in physically demanding industries, and athletes training for strength and endurance.

4. Are these devices safe to use?

Most of these devices are designed with safety and ergonomics in mind. They undergo rigorous testing and are regulated by industry standards and guidelines. However, it is important for users to receive proper training and follow instructions to avoid injury.

5. Are there any limitations to these devices?

While these devices can greatly enhance strength and force exertion, they do have limitations. Some devices may not be suitable for certain tasks or conditions, and users should always follow the recommended weight capacities and safety precautions. Additionally, these devices should not replace proper lifting and ergonomic techniques.