Airzooka: The Coolest Toy Ever!

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the "Airzooka" is a toy that shoots a ball of air and can be found at Spencer's or KB Toys. It can shoot up to 20 feet, but some users have gotten a distance of 30-40 feet. The ball of air is surprisingly strong and can be felt even when it misses. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, and has been used to scare animals like cats and ducks. Some people have even made targets for it.
tribdog
I just got this thing called the "Airzooka" I first read about it in Discover magazine a few months ago. I'd been looking for it, but I never found one until today. I only spent 10 bucks for the most amazing thing. It "shoots" a ball of air.
It's shaped like a backwards megaphone and you pull back on a membrane and when you let it go an invisible ball of air shoots out the front. The box says it will shoot 20 feet, but I'm getting at least 30 or 40 feet. It is amazing how this ball stays together. When you get hit by it it feels almost solid, the coolest thing is when it barely misses you, you can really feel it whiz by. I've been torturing the cats.

Physics news on Phys.org
awesome! i want one! where'd you get it?!?

You can get them at Spencers or KB Toys, I think...silly children!

I got mine at Spencer's. This toy gets more amazing the more I play with it. It even works outside on a breezy day. I can't get as much distance and the wind puts a wicked curve on it, but it still works. Scares the hell out of ducks as well as cats, and great blue herons don't care for it much either.

oh yeah!

Hey yeah those things are awesome! if you have a 'gadget shop' which sells random junk you can get them from there! My physics tutor brought one in and he is obsessed, he has made little targets (using the baddies from Lord of the Rings) and pretends he is Legolas and shoots them down. He is actually a pretty good shot.. Airzooka, the toy of a thousand uses..as long as they are to do with shooting things

What is an Airzooka?

An Airzooka is a toy that shoots a ball of air at a target using a plastic disk and a flexible membrane.

How does an Airzooka work?

The Airzooka works by pulling back the flexible membrane to create a pocket of air. When the membrane is released, it rapidly pushes the air out, creating a blast of air that can travel up to 20 feet.

Is an Airzooka safe?

Yes, an Airzooka is safe to use as long as it is used properly. It is recommended for children ages 6 and up and should not be aimed at people's faces or delicate objects.

What makes an Airzooka the coolest toy ever?

An Airzooka is considered the coolest toy ever because it is simple to use, does not require any batteries or power source, and provides endless fun for people of all ages.

Are there any educational benefits to playing with an Airzooka?

Playing with an Airzooka can help children learn about air pressure and force. They can also use it to conduct experiments and learn about the properties of air. Additionally, it can help improve hand-eye coordination and motor skills.