Link to 'New Posts' on Physics Forums

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the person is trying to create a link to Physics Forums using the "new posts" view as the starting point. However, the searchid value changes each time and makes the link invalid. The solution is to use the fixed URL: https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?do=getnew [Broken] to start at the "new posts" view.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I'd like to link to PF using 'new posts' as the startup view. Surely this is a common preference?

When I try to link to the URL of the result of a new posts search (https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=138295 [Broken]) it throws 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.' Of course, this is because the searchid value changes every time and is no longer valid.

Is there a fxied URL I can use that will start me off there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
Is there a fxied URL I can use that will start me off there?

use the following:
https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?do=getnew [Broken]

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of the "New Posts" link on Physics Forums?

The "New Posts" link on Physics Forums allows users to quickly and easily access the most recent discussions and threads on the forum. This can help users stay updated on the latest topics and join in on ongoing conversations.

2. How often is the "New Posts" section updated?

The "New Posts" section is updated in real-time, meaning it is constantly being updated as new discussions and threads are posted on the forum. This ensures that users have access to the most recent and relevant content.

3. Can I customize the "New Posts" section to only show certain topics or categories?

Yes, you can customize the "New Posts" section by selecting specific forums or categories to display. This can be done by clicking on the "Forum Tools" dropdown menu and selecting "Filter New Posts" to choose which topics you would like to see.

4. How can I access the "New Posts" section on my mobile device?

The "New Posts" section can be accessed on a mobile device by clicking on the menu icon in the top left corner of the forum and selecting "New Posts" from the dropdown menu. This will display the most recent discussions and threads in a mobile-friendly format.

5. Is there a way to save or bookmark specific "New Posts" for later viewing?

Yes, you can save or bookmark specific "New Posts" by clicking on the thread title and then clicking on the star icon next to the title. This will save the thread to your bookmarks, which can be accessed by clicking on the star icon in the top right corner of the forum.