Advanced 2D Geometry Websites for Deeper Understanding

In summary, the conversation is discussing useful websites for 2D geometry that cover more advanced concepts, specifically in regards to calculating the volume of a "perfect" pyramid. The suggestion is to use calculus to find the volume, but the question remains if there is a way to do so without using calculus.
z-component
Does anyone have any useful websites for 2D geometry that discuss some more advanced concepts for a person interested in more of the "backbone" of geometry?

For example, instead of what the usual high school geometry course covers, some more in-depth knowledge of geometry would be great!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Concerning geometry I have tought of something. Per exemple to calculate the volume of a "perfect" pyramid, you would have to imagine an infinite number of square composing it. The area of a square decreases with the height of the triangle. It is easy to find a function of the area of the square depending on this lenght. Graphing this function would give you a curve, and intergrating the area from the area point (0,0) to (final lenghts, final area) would perhaps give you the right result. The reason I think it would be correct is that if you calculate the area, you would have to find a function of the perimeter instead of the area. Since this function is linear, I was able to find that it was correct...

Werg22 said:
Concerning geometry I have tought of something. Per exemple to calculate the volume of a "perfect" pyramid, you would have to imagine an infinite number of square composing it. The area of a square decreases with the height of the triangle. It is easy to find a function of the area of the square depending on this lenght. Graphing this function would give you a curve, and intergrating the area from the area point (0,0) to (final lenghts, final area) would perhaps give you the right result. The reason I think it would be correct is that if you calculate the area, you would have to find a function of the perimeter instead of the area. Since this function is linear, I was able to find that it was correct...

I don't think that is the question though. I mean, you could find the volume of a perfect pyramid with something like the following:

[tex]\sum (h-y)\Delta y=\int_{0}^{h}(h-y)^{2}dy=\frac{h^{3}}{3}[/tex]

...but without calculus, how would it be done? Is that what you're asking?

1. What is the purpose of Advanced 2D Geometry Websites for Deeper Understanding?

The purpose of these websites is to provide a deeper understanding of 2D geometry concepts and principles through interactive and engaging online resources.

2. Who can benefit from using Advanced 2D Geometry Websites?

These websites can benefit anyone who is studying or interested in 2D geometry, including students, teachers, and researchers.

3. What types of resources are available on these websites?

These websites offer a variety of resources, such as interactive tutorials, practice problems, visual aids, and simulations, to help users better understand 2D geometry concepts.

4. How can using Advanced 2D Geometry Websites improve my understanding of the subject?

By using these websites, users can interact with 2D geometry concepts in a more dynamic and visual way, which can help improve understanding and retention of the material.

5. Are these websites suitable for all levels of knowledge in 2D geometry?

Yes, these websites offer resources for all levels of knowledge in 2D geometry, from basic concepts to more advanced topics. Users can choose the level of difficulty that best suits their needs.