Phone Upgrade Advice: ZTE Majesty vs. Samsung Galaxy Proclaim

In summary: So I think it doesn't really matter what processor your phone has, as long as it can handle the tasks you need it to.In summary, the ZTE Majesty has a 1.2 GHz processor and runs on Verizon towers. It has a 480 x 854 resolution and 4GB of storage. It has a 3G and WiFi + Bluetooth connection. It has a battery that can last for up to 8 hours and a 3.5" IPS touch screen. It is priced at $181.89.
musiclover55
I want to upgrade my phone, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. My main question is, does the processor speed make that much of a difference between my current phone (Samsung Galaxy Proclaim- 1GHz) and the new one (ZTE Majesty- 1.2 GHz)? Is it worth the switch? Both phones are from straighttalk $45 a month and run on Verizon towers.

ZTE Majesty - $181.89
  • Android 4.1 (JellyBean)
  • 4.5" IPS Touch Screen (Plastic)
  • 5 MP Camera/0.3MP Front Facing camera/video recorder
  • 1.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8625
  • 3G/WiFi + Bluetooth
  • Battery talk time up to 8 hours
  • 5.29 oz weight
  • Resolution Width x Height: 480 x 854
  • 4GB ROM (2GB available for user)
  • 768MB RAM

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (aka Illusion)
  • Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • 3.5" Touch Screen (Glass)
  • 3 MP Camera/Video Recorder
  • 1GHz Processor
  • 3G/WiFi + Bluetooth
  • Battery talk time up to 5.5 hours
  • TouchWizR Lite 3.0
  • Swype
  • 4.05 oz weight
  • Resolution 320 x 480 Pixels
  • 2GB Internal
  • 512MB RAM (though the built in task manager says 431MB and the Settings says 290MB :/)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Most people upgrade because:
a) their phone is broken
b) they want new features
c) the new phone is smaller, lighter, stays charged longer
d) the new phone is cooler
e) other

So first decide which category you fall into ... then review your budget ... then decide.

UltrafastPED said:
Most people upgrade because:
a) their phone is broken
b) they want new features
c) the new phone is smaller, lighter, stays charged longer
d) the new phone is cooler
e) other

You missed the two most important reasons:

f) You want the same model as your coolest friends have got already.
g) The new one has a prettier looking case than the old one.

For actually making phone calls, the landline in my house and a 30-year-old handset still work just fine, with a processor speed of zero :devil:

(Hmm... maybe those were already in option d. Being an engineer I read "cooler" as meaning "lower temperature".)

I can afford to buy a new phone and it's my decision, so there's no need to "make fun" of that. I just asked for some simple, straight forward advice.

If you don't care, don't answer.

The advice is: look at what is important to you.

A raw list of features is meaningless for most people ... it is only when an item on the list is important to you that it matters. That was the essence of the advice I provided previously.

You should just hit the "Thanks!" button and get on with it. Your money, your decisions, your choices.

The processor isn't that matter if you don't play games intensively. The brand and quality are the things that really matter. I bought a Samsung I5508 several years ago and broken a year later. Then I switch to iPhone which is still in good condition even bought 2 years ago.

1. Which phone has a better camera?

The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim has a better camera compared to the ZTE Majesty. It has an 8MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera, while the ZTE Majesty only has a 5MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera. This means the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim will be able to take higher quality photos and videos.

2. Which phone has a longer battery life?

The ZTE Majesty has a longer battery life compared to the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. It has a 2100mAh battery, while the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim only has a 1500mAh battery. This means the ZTE Majesty will be able to last longer without needing to be charged.

3. Which phone has a larger screen size?

The ZTE Majesty has a larger screen size compared to the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. It has a 5-inch display, while the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim only has a 4-inch display. This means the ZTE Majesty will provide a bigger and more immersive viewing experience.

4. Which phone has a faster processor?

The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim has a faster processor compared to the ZTE Majesty. It has a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, while the ZTE Majesty only has a 1GHz single-core processor. This means the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim will be able to handle tasks and run apps faster and more efficiently.

5. Which phone is more affordable?

The ZTE Majesty is more affordable compared to the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. The ZTE Majesty is a budget-friendly phone, while the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim falls into the mid-range category. This means the ZTE Majesty will be a more budget-friendly option for those looking for a new phone.

Back