Computer Architecture Help

In summary, computer architecture refers to the design and structure of a computer system, including its hardware components and how they work together. Understanding computer architecture is important for designing efficient systems, troubleshooting issues, and advancing technology. The main components of computer architecture include the CPU, memory, input/output devices, and the system bus. The von Neumann and Harvard architectures have different memory structures, with the latter being more suitable for certain applications. Advancements in computer architecture have a significant impact on technology, driving faster processing, increased storage capacities, and the development of new technologies. This, in turn, leads to innovation and improvements in various industries.
itech4814
I have an issue with my computer architecture problem.

Computer has intial I=0, PC=100, AC=ABCD, Address 055. The content of memory location (055) is 7777. I have to find PC, AR, DR, AC, and IR from that information using the STA instruction.

The STA instruction is M[AR] <-AC

I calculated the following values and believe it is correct...

PC=101;
AR=055;
DR=ABCD;
AC=ABCD;
IR=3055;

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Computer science news on Phys.org
This looks correct, assuming the memory location 100 contains the value 3055.

What is computer architecture?

Computer architecture is the design and structure of a computer system, including the hardware components and the way they work together to process and store data.

Why is understanding computer architecture important?

Understanding computer architecture is important for several reasons. It allows us to design and build more efficient and powerful computer systems, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, and develop new technologies and advancements in the field of computing.

What are the main components of computer architecture?

The main components of computer architecture include the central processing unit (CPU), memory, input/output devices, and the system bus. These components work together to execute instructions, store and retrieve data, and communicate with other devices.

What is the difference between von Neumann and Harvard architecture?

The von Neumann architecture is based on the concept of a single shared memory for both data and instructions, while the Harvard architecture has separate memories for data and instructions. This allows for faster access to data and instructions, making it more suitable for certain applications such as embedded systems.

How do advancements in computer architecture impact technology?

Advancements in computer architecture have a significant impact on technology. They allow for faster and more efficient processing, increased storage capacities, and the development of new technologies such as artificial intelligence and virtual reality. These advancements also drive innovation and improvements in various industries, leading to advancements in fields such as healthcare, transportation, and communication.