Update to the BALLOON ANALOGY web page

In summary, Phinds has updated their webpage on the balloon analogy, addressing comments and suggestions from the original thread. They have also mentioned the limitations of their discussion, not delving into other aspects of cosmology. The updated page can be found at www.phinds.com/balloonanalogy. Another user suggests making the page a sticky post, and agrees that different names for dark matter and dark energy could have prevented confusion. They also express a dislike for the name "big bang theory."
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I have updated my web page on the balloon analogy by going carefully through all of the comments in the original thread and I THINK I have managed to eliminate all of the problems that the first one had by incorporating suggested changes (thanks everyone), although NOT all of the suggested additions/expansions because, as I now say on the page:

"There are many other aspects of cosmology that can get drawn into discussions of the balloon analogy, but I have for the most part resisted discussing any that are not immediately relevant to the anaolgy, lest I get carpal tunnel syndrome while having this page turn into a textbook on cosmology (which I am not qualified to write anyway)"

the updated page is at:

www.phinds.com/balloonanalogy

Space news on Phys.org
Perfect. Thanks for this Phinds. Maybe this can get stickied?

I agree with the statement that if dark matter and dark energy had been given different names, much confusion could have been avoided. I also wish that Fred Hoyle never gave the name 'big bang theory' to the cosmological model.

Mark M said:
Perfect. Thanks for this Phinds. Maybe this can get stickied?

I agree with the statement that if dark matter and dark energy had been given different names, much confusion could have been avoided. I also wish that Fred Hoyle never gave the name 'big bang theory' to the cosmological model.

+1 on that !

1. What is the purpose of the update to the BALLOON ANALOGY web page?

The update to the BALLOON ANALOGY web page is meant to improve and enhance the existing content by incorporating new research and data, as well as making it more user-friendly and visually appealing.

2. Will the update change the overall concept of the BALLOON ANALOGY?

No, the update will not change the overall concept of the BALLOON ANALOGY. It will still be used as a simple and effective tool for explaining complex scientific concepts.

3. When can we expect the update to be completed?

The update to the BALLOON ANALOGY web page is currently in progress and is expected to be completed within the next month. Any delays will be communicated through the website.

4. How will the update benefit users of the BALLOON ANALOGY web page?

The update will provide users with more accurate and up-to-date information, as well as a more visually appealing and user-friendly experience. It will also include additional resources and examples to further enhance understanding of the concept.

5. Can users provide feedback on the updated BALLOON ANALOGY web page?

Yes, we highly encourage users to provide feedback on the updated BALLOON ANALOGY web page. This will help us improve and make any necessary changes to ensure the page is as informative and useful as possible.