ROLLING DEFAULT: Fix Login Issue on Computer

• Bug
  • Thread starter spacecadet11
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of being automatically scrolled to the bottom of the login screen when logging in on a computer, and the need to manually scroll back up to the top to enter login information. The conversation also mentions using a library computer with Internet Explorer and Windows XP, and inquiring about possible solutions for the scrolling issue.
spacecadet11
Hello. When I first get to the 'login' screen to login in...my computer 'by default' has me scrolled down to the bottom of the page. Then I have to go to the scroll bar to the right to then 'lift' the bar to the top of the screen so I can then log in. Why is that?!

Is there a way to fix that issue?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried deleting your cookies for PF?

Hello. I usally use computers at the library or the resource centre I go to. At the library the browser is Internet Explorer..I'm not sure what version and the operating system is Windows XP.

I have noticed it is still happening...any other suggestions would be good.
Bye.
SC

1. What is a rolling default?

A rolling default is a feature that automatically reverts a computer's settings to default values after a set period of time. This is often used to fix login issues that may be caused by changes in system settings.

2. How does a rolling default fix login issues?

A rolling default works by resetting all system settings to their default values, including those related to login. This can fix login issues caused by incorrect or corrupted settings.

3. Can a rolling default cause data loss?

In most cases, a rolling default will not cause data loss as it only resets system settings. However, it is always recommended to back up important data before performing any system changes.

4. How long does a rolling default take?

The duration of a rolling default can vary depending on the computer's system and the number of changes that need to be reverted. However, it typically takes a few minutes to complete.

5. Is a rolling default a permanent fix for login issues?

A rolling default may fix login issues temporarily, but it is not a permanent solution. If the login issue persists, it may indicate a deeper problem that needs to be addressed by a professional technician.