How Banks Work & CRR/SRL Explained

• Thread starter vikz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, the conversation includes a discussion about how banks work and the use of the website LMGTFY to provide links to requested information. It also mentions the tool Google Scholar for searching academic papers. Some members express humor and appreciation for the use of LMGTFY.
vikz
Hey Folks,

How Bank works?

What does CRR and SRL mean regarding to banks??

Please tell me in detail.
Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org

Just go to www.LMGTFY.com, type in your question and you'll see a box below with the URL to copy. Hit "go" to verify that it worked.

Google'rolled :rofl:

I just tried a search - it was a bit creepy - IMO.

Evo said:
Just go to www.LMGTFY.com, type in your question and you'll see a box below with the URL to copy. Hit "go" to verify that it worked.

Very cool ... thanks.

phinds said:
Very cool ... thanks.

Cool - YES, helpful -YEs - (but still just a little creepy - the way it seems to take over your computer).

WhoWee said:
Cool - YES, helpful -YEs - (but still just a little creepy - the way it seems to take over your computer).
It is a bit startling at first. But it makes sense, not only does it provide links to the requested information, it also shows what to do to find the information.

Evo said:
It is a bit startling at first. But it makes sense, not only does it provide links to the requested information, it also shows what to do to find the information.

I plan to use it - saved to favorites. I also like the "google scholar" tool that Pyrrhus shared recently.

WhoWee said:
I plan to use it - saved to favorites. I also like the "google scholar" tool that Pyrrhus shared recently.
What tool is that?

Evo said:
What tool is that?

It might be more accurate to call it a feature than a tool? Google "google scholar" - it allows you to search papers.

WhoWee said:

Yeah, but it only SEEMS to --- if you watch, you'll see that your actual mouse (icon) is not affected

Evo said:
What tool is that?

Here you go.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+scholar" [Broken]

Sorry, had to do this :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tosh5457 said:
Here you go.

nice

Tosh5457 said:
Here you go.

:rofl: I thought he said there was some special "tool" he'd found within google scholar. I use google scholar already, but was wondering what the "tool" was.

vikz said:
Hey Folks,

How Bank works?

A neat trick, but don't believe everything you read. The real answer to your question is, they don't.

Evo said:
:rofl: I thought he said there was some special "tool" he'd found within google scholar. I use google scholar already, but was wondering what the "tool" was.

My mistake then, but what's done cannot be undone :rofl:

Tosh5457 said:
My mistake then, but what's done cannot be undone :rofl:
I thought it was very funny. :biggrin:

I love that site.

1. How do banks make money?

Banks make money by charging interest on loans and investments, as well as fees for services such as checking accounts and credit cards. They also earn money through investments and by charging interest on the money they lend to other banks.

2. What is CRR and how does it affect banks?

CRR, or Cash Reserve Ratio, is the percentage of deposits that banks are required to keep as cash with the central bank. This is done as a measure to control inflation and ensure stability in the banking system. When the CRR is increased, banks have less money to lend, which can lead to a decrease in credit availability and economic growth.

3. What is SRL and how does it impact banks?

SRL, or Statutory Liquidity Ratio, is the percentage of deposits that banks are required to keep in the form of liquid assets such as cash, gold, and government securities. This is also done as a measure to maintain stability in the banking system. When the SRL is increased, banks have less money to lend, which can impact their profitability and ability to expand their loan portfolio.

4. How do banks manage risk?

Banks manage risk through a variety of methods including diversifying their loan portfolio, setting aside reserves for potential losses, and implementing risk management strategies. They also undergo regular audits and stress tests to identify and mitigate potential risks.

5. How do banks ensure the security of customer deposits?

Banks ensure the security of customer deposits through measures such as FDIC insurance, which protects deposits up to a certain amount in the event of bank failure. They also have strict security protocols in place for online and in-person transactions, as well as fraud detection and prevention measures.