Trying to reinstall Java after a problem

• Java
  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Java
In summary: It isn't necessary to delete browsers to solve this problem. Java does have a tendency to leave older versions of itself on the computer - sometimes in the directories for the browsers. However, I still think that the current problem is due more to the version of Java than anything else. To install a jre all you need is the jar files on your computer and PATH and CLASSPATH environment variables should point to the right places.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Can some one help please, i am trying to reinstall Java after a problem, i have removed all the old program from add/remove center and used system mechanic to check registry etc,
but when i try to download java it gives me error 25099, i have tried the off line version but that is the same, i also down loaded the recommended windows cleaner on the java site, but that shows no java, what can i try next?

Technology news on Phys.org

Try http://raproducts.org/

But do "kill jqs.exe" in command prompt first and try then (This maybe running in the background).

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks rootX, but i forgot to say i have Vista, to get to command prompt it says i need the Vista dvd, which i don't have.

wolram said:
Thanks rootX, but i forgot to say i have Vista, to get to command prompt it says i need the Vista dvd, which i don't have.

Alt+Ctrl+Del

Go the processes, and find if you have any java processes running. Just kill them including jqs.exe. And try installing java. Hopefully that would work.

thanks for help rootX, i can find nothing Java and there is no jqs.exe listed.

wolram said:
thanks for help rootX, i can find nothing Java and there is no jqs.exe listed.

Could you provide a screenshot of all open processes?

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/marlow.robin/Documents?authkey=Gv1sRgCOD5573f7ObbKA#5326104988646436898

I put a photo here, hope it can be seen.

wolram said:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/marlow.robin/Documents?authkey=Gv1sRgCOD5573f7ObbKA#5326104988646436898

I put a photo here, hope it can be seen.

'"You are using a browser that is not fully supported. Some features may not work too well, but you are welcome to have a look around."

Lol. Looks like I software problems myself. I'll try to look at it later.

misgfool said:
'"You are using a browser that is not fully supported. Some features may not work too well, but you are welcome to have a look around."

Lol. Looks like I software problems myself. I'll try to look at it later.

100_0009.JPG

I don't see any java related programs in it.

I can't be more helpful if JavaRa doesn't solve it.

It is a typical Wolram problem :biggrin: Thanks for help, i bet it would work for every one else :mad:

What architecture are you trying to install Java on? Are you trying to get the 64-bit JRE/JDK running? I had no luck with that, and I had to go back to using the 32-bit versions.

Maxwell said:
What architecture are you trying to install Java on? Are you trying to get the 64-bit JRE/JDK running? I had no luck with that, and I had to go back to using the 32-bit versions.

For sure i have no idea about bits, i am a hammer type guy :smile: if it don't work hit it.

wolram said:
For sure i have no idea about bits, i am a hammer type guy :smile: if it don't work hit it.

Right click on "Computer" on your desktop. A system window should open. What does it say under "System type"?

Then copy and paste the file name of the Java installer you are using. Or paste the link to the download page of the installer you are using.

The Java.com site has this explanation of the error code that I'm guessing that you visited.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_25099.xml"

BTW, which version are you trying to install? The developers in our office (including myself) have tried installing the version 6 JDK and we had so many issues with it, that we decided to wait until Sun resolves some of the problems. Unless you really need it for something specific, I would try installing the latest Java 5 version.

Try deleting all the latest internet browser you have or mozilla firefox and then redownload it again after that try reinstalling jave I had a similar problem to yours but I forgot how i resolved it lol.

angak001 said:
Try deleting all the latest internet browser you have or mozilla firefox and then redownload it again after that try reinstalling jave I had a similar problem to yours but I forgot how i resolved it lol.

It isn't necessary to delete browsers to solve this problem. Java does have a tendency to leave older versions of itself on the computer - sometimes in the directories for the browsers. However, I still think that the current problem is due more to the version of Java than anything else.

To install a jre all you need is the jar files on your computer and PATH and CLASSPATH environment variables should point to the right places.

1. Why is my Java installation not working?

There could be a variety of reasons why your Java installation is not working. It could be due to an error during the installation process, compatibility issues with your operating system, or conflicts with other software on your computer.

2. How can I fix a Java installation problem?

The best way to fix a Java installation problem is to completely uninstall Java from your computer and then reinstall it. You should also make sure that you have the latest version of Java and that your operating system is up to date.

3. What should I do if I encounter an error message during the Java installation process?

If you encounter an error message during the Java installation process, try to take note of the specific error message and do some research online. There may be a simple solution to the problem, such as updating your operating system or temporarily disabling your antivirus software.

4. Can I reinstall Java without losing my programs and files?

Yes, you can safely reinstall Java without losing your programs and files. However, it is always a good idea to back up your important files before making any changes to your computer.

5. What should I do if I continue to experience problems after reinstalling Java?

If you continue to experience problems after reinstalling Java, it may be helpful to reach out to the Java support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or identify any underlying issues with your computer.