Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup? (Or something similar)

• Thread starter farleyknight
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary, the individual is interested in researching more as a sophomore/junior and wants to know the most frequently cited books in their field. They mention the option of looking up citation numbers or browsing the advanced section of the library or Amazon, but suggest it would be helpful to have all the information in one place. They then ask if anyone has seen a way to pull data from Google Scholar and display the number of citations next to book titles on Amazon, but note that Amazon may not link the two. They suggest contacting Amazon to suggest this feature.
farleyknight
As a sophomore / junior, I'm thinking about research more and more. I'd like to know what books in my field are the most frequently cited so I can know what average professional does.

Sure, you can look up the number of citations that any particular book has, or browse the advanced section at the library or on Amazon. But having all that information at once would be great.

Maybe one could pull data from Google Scholar and show the number of citations next to the book title on Amazon?

Has anyone seen something like that?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Amazon has its own Best Seller rankings, which makes it unlikely that they will link the two. But you should contact amazon and suggest it.

What is the "Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup?"

The "Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup" is a tool that combines the search capabilities of both Amazon and Google Scholar. It allows users to search for books and scholarly articles in one place, making research more efficient and comprehensive.

How does the "Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup" work?

The mashup uses APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) from both Amazon and Google Scholar to retrieve and display search results. The API acts as a bridge between the two platforms, allowing them to communicate and share information.

What are the benefits of using the "Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup?"

Using the mashup can save researchers time and effort by providing a one-stop shop for all their research needs. It also allows for a more comprehensive search, as it combines both popular and scholarly sources.

Can I access full-text articles through the "Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup?"

Yes, the mashup provides links to full-text articles and books from both Amazon and Google Scholar. However, access to the full-text may depend on your institutional or personal subscriptions.

Is the "Amazon <=> Google Scholar Mashup" free to use?

Yes, the mashup is free to use for anyone with internet access. However, some resources may require a subscription or purchase to access the full-text.