Is There a Neutron Equivalent of the Proton Activation Data File?

In summary, there is a website that contains proton activation data files with target and product data, as well as cross sections at different energies for calculating reaction rates. However, the only neutron cross section data files available contain overall cross sections. The speaker is looking for files that provide cross sections for a range of energies for various reactions and plans to check out a link provided by Bob. They need this data for a mysql database and code they have and will try to do a large data dump from the website.
benpalmer
The proton activation data file/s contain the target and product data plus the cross sections at a range of energies, so the reaction rates can be calclated. The only neutron cross section data files I have found have just the overall cross sections. Are there any files available that give the cross sections for a range of energies for a range of different reactions? Cheers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to

http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/sigma/

Choose element, then choose isotope, then choose (n,total) or other cross section, and get a plot (preferred) or table of total coss section in barns (1 x 10-24 cm2) vs. neutron energy in eV.

Bob S

Hi Bob thatnks for the link I will check it out. I really need a datafile of all the reactions and cross sections so I can import them into a mysql database to use with a code I already have and one I should be getting. I will see if I can do a large data dump from that site though. Cheers.

1. What does the acronym PADF stand for?

The acronym PADF stands for Pair-Distribution Function.

2. What is the neutron equivalent of PADF?

The neutron equivalent of PADF is the Neutron Pair-Distribution Function (N-PDF), which is a measure of the spatial arrangement of neutrons within a material.

3. How is the Neutron equivalent of PADF calculated?

The Neutron equivalent of PADF is calculated through the use of neutron scattering experiments, where the scattering intensity of neutrons is measured and analyzed to determine the spatial arrangement of neutrons within a material.

4. What information can be obtained from the Neutron equivalent of PADF?

The Neutron equivalent of PADF provides information about the atomic and molecular structures of materials, such as the distances between atoms and the type of bonding present between them.

5. In what fields of science is the Neutron equivalent of PADF used?

The Neutron equivalent of PADF is commonly used in materials science, chemistry, and physics research to study the structures of materials at the atomic and molecular level.