Exploring New Career Options in Engineering

In summary, the conversation was about someone researching new career options in the field of engineering and seeking advice on which school to look into. One person suggested going to Stark State College of Technology for a computer engineering degree, while another jokingly suggested spending a lot of money on school, declaring bankruptcy, and then living the American Dream.
Jasonp914
I hope this is the right area for this topic but I've looked around for a little while and I feel that this is the best spot for it.

Currently I am researching new career options for myself. I was wondering if anyone had a little insite on this. What school to look at, etc. My main area of interest is engineering, building some buildings, and things like that. I'm not by any means decided I am hoping to get feed back from you. Thanks for your time, you can contact me at Jasonp914@yahoo.com

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to Stark State College of Technology and get a computer engineering degree.

No, spend a fortune for school, claim bankruptcy and then live the American Dream.

1. What types of engineering fields can I explore for new career options?

There are various types of engineering fields that you can consider exploring for new career options, such as chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and computer engineering. There are also emerging fields like biomedical engineering, environmental engineering, and aerospace engineering that you can look into.

2. How do I know if engineering is the right career path for me?

If you have a strong interest and aptitude for math and science, problem-solving skills, and a passion for creating innovative solutions, then engineering may be the right career path for you. It's also important to research and gain a better understanding of the specific field of engineering you are interested in to see if it aligns with your goals and interests.

3. What are some resources for exploring new career options in engineering?

Some helpful resources for exploring new career options in engineering include career fairs, professional organizations, networking events, and online resources such as job search engines and company websites. You can also reach out to mentors or professionals currently working in the field to gain insights and advice.

4. How can I gain experience in a new engineering field before making a career change?

One way to gain experience in a new engineering field is by taking on relevant projects or internships. This will not only give you hands-on experience but also help you build a network and gain valuable insights into the field. You can also consider taking courses or attending workshops to learn new skills and expand your knowledge.

5. What are some important factors to consider when exploring new career options in engineering?

Some important factors to consider when exploring new career options in engineering include job prospects and growth opportunities in the field, the potential for salary and benefits, work-life balance, and the company culture and values. It's also important to consider if the field aligns with your personal interests and values to ensure long-term satisfaction in your career.