Unlimited Downloads with 30-Day Free Trial - Is it Worth It?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trial
In summary, the new Napster service offers a 30-day free trial with unlimited downloads, but then charges $15 per month for continued use. Some users have expressed concern about the partnership with Microsoft and potential compatibility issues with different operating systems. The service allows for downloading and conversion of music, but it should be noted that the music is only available as long as the subscription is active. It may be preferable to stick with other methods such as iTunes for permanent ownership of downloaded music.
mattmns
30 days free, unlimited downloads, and then 15$/mo after. Seems a bit questionable to me since they were just selling songs at 99 cents per, and albums at about 10$ per. Anyone tried this service yet? From what it looks like to me they seem to be teamed up with ms, which makes me a bit weary.

I just want to be able to download music to my harddrive, or burn it to a cd, and then convert it to mp3, or ogg, if it does not come in that format, and play it on my computer. Seems like it may come in wma format :uhh: I do have a computer with xp, so I am not worried about that; however, I will be playing the music on a linux machine, but I do not think this will be a problem, after I have downloaded the music and changed the format.

To those of you who may know, would I be able to do this easily? Also, are there any hidden fees or anything like that?

Also, I would be downloading early-mid 90s gangster rap, probably by the album, but I think most of the cds will be on there, and I can check before hand of course.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
The new napster service is a rental service. Once you stop paying the $15 per month you lose all your songs.

http://marketwatch-cnet.com.com/Napster%2527s+%2527rental%2527+music+service+takes+on+iTunes/2100-1025_3-5561647.html?type=pt∂=marketwatch-cnet&subj=news

I would stick with itunes or other methods

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh ok, that makes sense. I knew there had to be something like that. Thanks

dduardo said:
The new napster service is a rental service. Once you stop paying the $15 per month you lose all your songs.

So you don't get to keep the music dld-ed when it was free.You lose it once you don't pay...That's sadistic... :yuck: :grumpy:

Daniel.

1. Is the 30-day free trial really unlimited?

Yes, the 30-day free trial offers unlimited downloads of all content available on the platform.

2. Are there any hidden fees or charges after the 30-day free trial?

No, there are no hidden fees or charges after the 30-day free trial. However, after the trial period ends, you will need to pay for a subscription to continue accessing unlimited downloads.

3. Can I cancel my subscription during the 30-day free trial?

Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time during the 30-day free trial. However, you will not be able to access the platform or continue downloading content after cancellation.

4. What type of content is available for unlimited downloads?

The platform offers a wide range of content including scientific articles, research papers, books, and other academic materials. However, the specific content available may vary depending on your field of study.

5. Is the 30-day free trial worth it for scientists?

It ultimately depends on your research needs and preferences. If you require access to a large amount of academic content, the unlimited downloads offered during the 30-day free trial may be beneficial. However, if you only need access to a few specific articles or resources, it may not be worth it for you.