Suggestion for homework help forum template.

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, users have noticed that when previewing a post in the homework help forum, the original template is duplicated underneath the preview. They suggest that the template should only appear when the post is first created, as it can be forgotten when submitting the post. Some users find this to be a minor annoyance, but others would appreciate a fix for this issue.
NeoDevin
In the homework help forum, when you start a new post, it puts the template up, with the three points (question, equations, and attempt).

When you try to preview your post, and the screen comes back, it comes back with everything you already wrote (in the original template), but with another copy of the template underneath. (To see what I mean, go to homework help, create a new topic, and just click preview without typing anything, you will see when you look at the input box, the template is there twice)

Would it be possible to change this so that it only puts the template there when you first create the post. Sometimes I forget about this 'feature' after I preview my post, and just click submit. Then I have a nice clean post, with an extra copy of the template at the bottom.

Not a major issue, just something that bugs me every now and again.

Thanks,
Devin

Physics news on Phys.org
I've wondered why the 3 points of the template are repeated sometimes, and I think it happens each time the OP is previewed.

I tested the HW template, and with each preview (I did 2), the three parts of the HW template are repeated.

The poster can simply delete before submitting the thread, or edit (remove) the text after submission.

A fix would be nice.

Last edited:
I wish the poster would edit after a repeat of the template. It doesn't look great, but then I'm a bit of a nutter about neatness.

I know, I usually remember to delete them, but once in a while I forget. Then I check back later for responses, and notice that its there. Sometimes if it's on a friday or something when I post, if I don't make it online soon enough, it's too late to edit it away by the time I check back.

With all the upgrades going on, I figure I should bump this back up, so it doesn't get forgotten.

1. What is a homework help forum template?

A homework help forum template is a pre-designed layout or structure that can be used for online forums dedicated to helping students with their homework. It typically includes sections for posting questions, providing answers, and organizing discussions.

2. Why would I need a homework help forum template?

If you are creating a homework help forum, a template can save you time and effort by providing a ready-made framework. It also ensures consistency and organization within the forum, making it easier for users to navigate and find the information they need.

3. Can I customize the homework help forum template?

Yes, you can customize the template to fit the specific needs and preferences of your forum. You can change the colors, fonts, and layout to make it more visually appealing. You can also add or remove sections as needed.

4. Are there any free homework help forum templates available?

Yes, there are many free homework help forum templates available online. You can search for them on website builders, forums, or template marketplaces. Just make sure to read reviews and choose a reputable source.

5. How can a homework help forum template benefit students?

A homework help forum template provides a platform for students to ask questions, get assistance, and collaborate with others. It can also serve as a valuable resource for finding study materials and learning from peers with similar academic challenges.