Where Can I Find Classic Works of Physics and Sciences Online?

In summary, the conversation centers around the difficulty in finding classic works of physics and sciences online, specifically those by Ptolemy, Kepler, Copernicus, Newton, and Galileo. The conversation also mentions the possibility of these works being uploaded to the arXiv website and the poster sharing a few items of interest, such as Euclid's Elements and Aristotle's works, that they have found online. The conversation concludes with the poster expressing their excitement about reaching 15 posts and being able to contribute more to the forum.
artie
I have been having a lot of trouble finding classic works of physics and sciences online. Can't find anything by Ptolemy, Kepler, Copernicus, Newton, Galileo. What a gyp!

Physics news on Phys.org
artie said:
I have been having a lot of trouble finding classic works of physics and sciences online. Can't find anything by Ptolemy, Kepler, Copernicus, Newton, Galileo. What a gyp!

http://arxiv.org/find/math/1/au:+Euler_L/0/1/0/all/0/1"

http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0605038" on the Euler-Heisenberg Lagrangian.

Who knows, perhaps Ptolemy, Kepler, Copernicus, Newton, and Galileo will now also upload their articles to the arXiv?:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Count Iblis said:
Who knows, perhaps Ptolemy, Kepler, Copernicus, Newton, and Galileo will now also upload their articles to the arXiv?:smile:

Thanks. I have found a few items of interest on the Web since that post, but do not have 15 posts yet so I can't post them. It may take me a few more months to get 15 posts here because I'm a total ignoramous at sciences and don't understand a thing in most threads here.

1. What is classical physics?

Classical physics is a branch of physics that studies the laws and principles governing the behavior of macroscopic objects. It includes topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and optics.

2. How is classical physics different from other branches of physics?

Classical physics is based on the laws of Newtonian mechanics and does not take into account the principles of relativity or quantum mechanics. It is mainly concerned with objects in motion and their interactions with the forces of nature.

3. Can classical physics be applied to modern technology?

Yes, classical physics plays a crucial role in modern technology. Many devices and machines, such as cars, airplanes, and computers, are designed using principles of classical physics.

4. Is classical physics still relevant in today's scientific research?

While classical physics may not fully explain all phenomena, it is still an important foundation for understanding the physical world. Many modern theories and technologies, such as Einstein's theory of relativity, have been built upon classical physics principles.

5. How can I learn more about classical physics online?

There are many resources available online for learning about classical physics, including free online courses, lectures, and textbooks. You can also find interactive simulations and demonstrations to help you understand the concepts better.