Space Technology and Applications International Forum

In summary, the Conference on Thermophysics in Microgravity, Conference on Commercial/Civil Next Generation Space Transportation, 22nd Symposium on Space Nuclear Power and Propulsion, Conference on Human/Robotic Technology and the National Vision for Space Exploration, 3rd Symposium on Space Colonization, and 2nd Symposium on New Frontiers and Future Concepts will be held in Abluquerque, NM from February 13-17, 2005. This major international technical forum, organized by the University of New Mexico's Institute for Space and Nuclear Power Studies, promotes international participation and facilitates the exchange of information among professionals in the field of inexpensive access to space, space commercialization, exploration, and scientific research. The proceedings of the conference
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
  • Conference on Thermophysics in Microgravity
  • Conference on Commercial/Civil Next Generation Space Transportation
  • 22nd Symposium on Space Nuclear Power and Propulsion
  • Conference on Human/Robotic Technology and the National Vision for Space Exploration
  • 3rd Symposium on Space Colonization
  • 2nd Symposium on New Frontiers and Future Concepts

February 13-17, 2005, Abluquerque, NM

http://www.unm.edu/~isnps/staif/ (STAIF) is a major international technical forum hosting six concurrent conferences is organized by the University of New Mexico's Institute for Space and Nuclear Power Studies (UNM-ISNPS). This forum promotes international participation and provides for a timely exchange of information among technologists, academicians, industrialists, and program managers on technical and programmatic issues related to inexpensive access to space and space commercialization, exploration, and the potential for performing scientific research and developing new technologies. STAIF is highly attended by high-level representatives from industry, government agencies, and institutes of higher education, both nationally and internationally and co-sponsored by several professional engineering societies.

Proceedings of STAIF-2005 will be published by the American Institute of Physics. Meeting registration fee includes a copy of the proceedings on CD-ROM. A hardcover printed version will also be available to attendees at a discount during the conference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Astronuc,

Thank you for sharing the info. I am sure I will be impressed by the "collective IQ" of people attending during these coferences. Anyway, sounds like a lot FUN!

FluidSpace

Wow, this conference sounds really interesting and informative! I am particularly interested in the Symposium on Space Colonization and the Symposium on New Frontiers and Future Concepts. It's great that this conference promotes international participation and facilitates the exchange of information among various professionals in the field. I am also impressed that it is co-sponsored by multiple engineering societies. The fact that the proceedings will be published by the American Institute of Physics is also a testament to the quality of this conference. I will definitely look into attending and purchasing a copy of the proceedings. Thank you for sharing this information!

What is the Space Technology and Applications International Forum (STAIF)?

The Space Technology and Applications International Forum is an annual conference that brings together experts in the fields of space technology, applications, and exploration. It serves as a platform for sharing cutting-edge research, discussing new innovations, and networking with industry professionals.

Who can attend the STAIF?

The STAIF is open to anyone with an interest in space technology and applications. This includes scientists, engineers, students, and industry professionals from all over the world.

What topics are covered at the STAIF?

The STAIF covers a wide range of topics related to space technology and applications, including propulsion systems, materials science, human space exploration, and space weather. The conference also features plenary sessions, workshops, and technical sessions on specific areas of interest.

How can I present my research at the STAIF?

The STAIF accepts abstract submissions from researchers who wish to present their work at the conference. Abstracts should be submitted through the conference website and will go through a peer-review process. Accepted abstracts will be given an oral or poster presentation slot at the conference.

What are the benefits of attending the STAIF?

Attending the STAIF offers numerous benefits, including the opportunity to learn about the latest advancements in space technology, network with industry professionals and potential collaborators, and showcase your own research. The conference also provides a platform for discussing challenges and finding solutions to current issues in the field.