Integration/calc work? what did i do wrong

• Thread starter badtwistoffate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, integration/calc work involves finding the area under a curve or the original function from its derivative. It is important because it has practical applications in various fields and helps solve real-world problems. The most common methods used for integration/calc work are the fundamental theorem of calculus, u-substitution, integration by parts, and partial fraction decomposition. If your answer does not match the textbook or calculator, it could be due to a mistake in calculation or a different method or rounding used. To improve your skills in integration/calc work, practice and understanding fundamental concepts are key. Seeking help from a tutor or joining a study group can also be beneficial.
badtwistoffate
Int[1/(x^2+4)^2]
let x= 2 tan(q)
i get 1/(4 tan^2(q) + 4)^2
I get 1/ (16 tan ^4(q) + 32 (1-sec^2(q) + 16)
and now i think about doing a u-substituition with tan x=u, du =sec^2 (x) can i do that!?! :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
do you just don't like my topics i want help in?

[tex] \frac{1}{(4\tan(q)+4)^2} = \frac{1}{16\sec^4q} [/tex]

1. What is integration/calc work?

Integration/calc work refers to the mathematical process of finding the area under a curve or the reverse process of finding the original function from its derivative.

2. Why is integration/calc work important?

Integration/calc work is important because it has many practical applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It allows us to solve real-world problems by finding the total amount or change in a quantity over a given interval.

3. What are the common methods used for integration/calc work?

The most common methods used for integration/calc work are the fundamental theorem of calculus, u-substitution, integration by parts, and partial fraction decomposition.

4. Why is my answer not matching the answer in the textbook or calculator?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that you made a mistake in your calculation or entered the problem incorrectly into the calculator. It is also possible that the textbook or calculator is using a different method or rounding the answer differently.

5. How can I improve my skills in integration/calc work?

The best way to improve your skills in integration/calc work is through practice. Make sure to understand the fundamental concepts and techniques and then solve as many problems as you can. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to get additional support and feedback.