Analyzing the Propositions in California's Special Election

• News
  • Thread starter loseyourname
  • Start date
  • Tags
    california
In summary, there is a good program on NPR currently featuring question-and-answer sessions between voters, legislators, union leaders, and Arnold. The topic is a local issue, specifically the open meeting in Walnut Creek. There is interest in discussing the propositions on a separate thread for each one.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
There's a good program on NPR right now, if anybody in California is interested in hearing some question-and-answer sessions between voters and legislators/union leaders/Arnold. We could discuss this if anyone wants to, but it is a bit of a local issue.

Physics news on Phys.org
loseyourname said:
There's a good program on NPR right now, if anybody in California is interested in hearing some question-and-answer sessions between voters and legislators/union leaders/Arnold. We could discuss this if anyone wants to, but it is a bit of a local issue.
Is that the open meeting in Walnut Creek?

Wow if my house still had a radio somewhere...

Skyhunter said:
Is that the open meeting in Walnut Creek?

Yes, it is.

I think discussing the propositions is a great idea.

I'd like it even better if we could devote a different thread to each proposition.

Would that be OK (Forum admin?)? or is it too presumptuous? Most of threads would fall off pretty quick anyway... but at this point I don't personally know which those would be.

1. What is the purpose of the California Special Election?

The purpose of the California Special Election is to fill any vacant seats in the state government, such as those of elected officials who have resigned or passed away.

2. When is the California Special Election taking place?

The California Special Election is scheduled for September 14, 2021.

3. Who is eligible to vote in the California Special Election?

Any registered voter in California is eligible to vote in the Special Election.

4. How are candidates chosen for the California Special Election?

Candidates for the California Special Election are chosen through a nomination process, where political parties nominate candidates or individuals can run as independent candidates.

5. What is the significance of the California Special Election?

The California Special Election is significant because it allows for the people of California to have a voice in their government and to elect officials who will represent their interests and make important decisions on their behalf.