Math is Hard - the Aerospace Engineer

In summary, MiH had a cameo in my dream last night. Dave, could you confirm whether this spike is you or not? Wow! And to think I never saw this until today! Weirdddd dream. (I think I've had it twice too).
DaveC426913
Gold Member
MiH had a cameo in my dream last night.

A guy who lived next door to a place I was visiting was experimenting with the aerodynamics of antenna probes, firing them off his balcony to see which would travel farthest and stick in the ground best. All these spiky things were protruding from his lawn, making it look like a giant umbrella carcass had made ballistic landfall. Each spike was labelled for identification. One was labelled MiH.

I took a pic of it. Unfortunately, I woke up before I could post it to PF and confirm it was her.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Wouldn't it have been creepy if you had time to do that in ur dream and it appeared on the forum after you woke up?

DaveC426913 said:
I took a pic of it. Unfortunately, I woke up before I could post it to PF and confirm it was her.
Oh! That reminds me: I had a dream too, but I did get a picture:

http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~mhjarron/spike/Spike5.jpg [Broken]

Dave, could you confirm whether this spike is you or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! And to think I never saw this until today!

Math Is Hard said:
Wow! And to think I never saw this until today!

Well that would explain why I've waited 18 months and you still haven't shown up at my place to make my dreams come true.

I had a dream last night that I had to walk home from some radio station place. It took me well till dusk and I was walking all the way down the beltway for hours and hours. It was horrible, and then when I was half way home I got lost in some newly built community of town houses and condos. I walked inside one of the condos and there was a party, so I started walking around seeing who was there. Then I left and walked home for another hour . By then it was pitch black outside, with only light from street lamps and the moon.

Weirdddd dream. (I think I've had it twice too).

Cyrus said:
I had a dream last night that I had to walk home from some radio station place. It took me well till dusk and I was walking all the way down the beltway for hours and hours. It was horrible, and then when I was half way home I got lost in some newly built community of town houses and condos. I walked inside one of the condos and there was a party, so I started walking around seeing who was there. Then I left and walked home for another hour . By then it was pitch black outside, with only light from street lamps and the moon.

So, MiH wasn't at the party? Wow, what a weird dream!

Cyrus said:
I had a dream last night that I had to walk home from some radio station place. It took me well till dusk and I was walking all the way down the beltway for hours and hours...By then it was pitch black outside, with only light from street lamps and the moon.

you're on the right way :rolleyes:

Is it an excuse or an explanation ? I find dreams come real all the time!

IwillBeGood said:
Is it an excuse or an explanation ? I find dreams come real all the time!

if he had it again then it's an explanation, if not then it's an excuse:biggrin:

drizzle said:
if he had it again then it's an explanation, if not then it's an excuse:biggrin:

That is a smart reply :smile:

Cheer!

-- Forgive and Forget --
IwillBeGood

drizzle said:
you're on the right way :rolleyes:

I don't follow you.

Cyrus said:
I don't follow you.

what ever concerns you, you're doing fine

What is "Math is Hard - the Aerospace Engineer"?

"Math is Hard - the Aerospace Engineer" is a phrase that refers to the difficulty of understanding and applying complex mathematical concepts in the field of aerospace engineering.

Why is math important in aerospace engineering?

Math is crucial in aerospace engineering because it provides the foundation for understanding and analyzing the physical laws that govern flight and space travel. It is used to design and test aircraft and spacecraft, as well as to develop advanced technologies and solve complex problems.

What are some examples of math used in aerospace engineering?

Some examples of math used in aerospace engineering include calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and numerical analysis. These mathematical concepts are used to model and simulate the behavior of aircraft and spacecraft, analyze structural designs, and develop control systems.

Is math the only important subject for aerospace engineering?

No, math is not the only important subject for aerospace engineering. Other important subjects include physics, materials science, aerodynamics, and computer science. These subjects work together with math to provide a comprehensive understanding of flight and space travel.

How can I improve my math skills for aerospace engineering?

To improve your math skills for aerospace engineering, you can practice solving complex equations and problems, seek help from tutors or professors, and use online resources and textbooks. It is also beneficial to have a strong foundation in basic math concepts such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.

Back