How to know when someone replied to my posts?

• Thread starter Synchronised
  • Start date
In summary, to know when someone replies to your posts on this platform, you will receive an email notification if you have subscribed to the thread. By default, you should be automatically subscribed to any thread you have posted in. If you are not receiving email notifications, you can check your settings under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in Edit Options in My PF. However, it is possible to set up the system to not automatically subscribe you to threads, as mentioned by another user.
Synchronised
How to know when someone replied to my posts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Synchronised! :smile:

You receive an email notification whenever anyone posts in a thread you've subscribed to.

You should be automatically subscribed to any thread you've posted in …

if you're not getting the emails, check your settings at "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in Edit Options in My PF. :wink:

tiny-tim said:
You receive an email notification whenever anyone posts in a thread you've subscribed to.

You should be automatically subscribed to any thread you've posted in…

I don't remember, but I don't think that's not how the system is set up by default.

But you are right that it can work this way, and that it can be set up in the profile.

Borek said:
I don't remember, but I don't think that's not how the system is set up by default.

But you are right that it can work this way, and that it can be set up in the profile.

I do think that this is the default. When I signed up here (long ago), I received notifications without having to change my profile settings. But perhaps Greg changed it.

Oh yes, I checked my email and there are 44 unread messages haha

1. How can I tell if someone has replied to my post?

Most social media platforms have a notification system that will alert you when someone replies to your post. This can be in the form of a notification badge, a pop-up notification, or an email notification.

2. Do I have to manually check every post to see if someone has replied?

No, you do not have to manually check every post. As mentioned, most social media platforms have a notification system that will alert you when someone replies to your post.

3. Can I turn off notifications for replies to my posts?

Yes, most social media platforms allow you to customize your notification settings. You can choose to turn off notifications for replies to your posts or adjust the frequency of the notifications.

4. Can I see who has replied to my posts?

It depends on the social media platform. Some platforms allow you to see the usernames of those who have replied to your posts, while others only show the number of replies or a selection of replies.

5. Is there a way to filter or organize replies to my posts?

Again, this depends on the social media platform. Some platforms have features that allow you to filter or organize replies based on criteria such as date, popularity, or relevance.