Exploring the Mysteries of Light: The Physics and Equations Behind its Velocity

• Thread starter Agent C.I
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Light
In summary, light is an electromagnetic wave that our brain perceives when our eyes come in contact with it. According to the superstring theory, light is a vibration of higher dimensions. It is not classified as a type of matter and can be captured. The equations describing light are Maxwell's Equations, which predict its speed. However, the theory of relativity shows that massive objects cannot travel at the speed of light. These questions have been asked before and there is still more to learn about the physics of light.
Agent C.I
What does light consist of? The super string theory state light is a vibration of the higher dimensions.

Is light classified as a type of matter? I know light can be captured.

is the amount of energy used to generate natural light so vast it can only be reproduced by creating plasma ?

What are the basic equations of light? What allows light to travel at the velocity it travels? Can those equations be extracted and reproduced? Do we even know the equational physics involved in how light travels its velocity? Have people even asked these questions?

to me it seems the physics needed to travel the speed of light is right in front of our faces...light itself holds the secret, light is traveling the speed of light.

Science news on Phys.org
Agent C.I said:
What does light consist of? The super string theory state light is a vibration of the higher dimensions.

Is light classified as a type of matter? I know light can be captured.

is the amount of energy used to generate natural light so vast it can only be reproduced by creating plasma ?

What are the basic equations of light? What allows light to travel at the velocity it travels? Can those equations be extracted and reproduced? Do we even know the equational physics involved in how light travels its velocity? Have people even asked these questions?

to me it seems the physics needed to travel the speed of light is right in front of our faces...light itself holds the secret, light is traveling the speed of light.

Light is what our brain perceives when our eyes come in contact with an electromagnetic wave of certain wavelengths. An electromagnetic wave is a vibration in the electromagnetic field caused by the movement of electromagnetic energy through the area. Thats what light is.

The equations describing light and other electromagnetic waves would be Maxwells Equations. They predict the speed of light to be what it is.

As for traveling the speed of light, that's a big no no. The theory of Relativity has shown theoretically, and has been backed up by much experimentation, that massive objects cannot travel at the speed of light. Since this is not a thread on relativity, I'll let someone else explain why. Anyway the reason light can travel the speed of light is that it has no rest mass. Any massive particle cannot travel light speed.

These questions have been asked many times before, sorry to say you haven't stumbled on anything new.

No need to be sorry, that’s the reason I asked in the first place...no one suggested I stumbled on anything new...why even say that? It’s strange how people add there own meaning to what is being asked in its most basic perspective, eluding the conscience of the original question.

anyways thanks for giving me more information to research on...i will check if ur answers are correct.

I didn't mean to add any new meaning to your question. Sry. In fact I commend you for wanting to know more about physics. If you have any more questions this is the place to get answers.

Learning is unlimited no matter how much knowledge you may have in a specific field there is always more to learn.

1. What is light?

Light is a form of electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye. It is made up of particles called photons that travel in waves at extremely high speeds.

2. How does light travel?

Light travels in a straight line at a constant speed of 299,792,458 meters per second (or approximately 670,616,629 miles per hour). It can travel through a vacuum, such as outer space, and also through transparent materials such as air, water, and glass.

3. What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second (or approximately 670,616,629 miles per hour). This is the fastest speed at which anything in the universe can travel.

4. How is light produced?

Light is produced when an object's atoms and molecules become excited and release energy in the form of photons. This can happen through various processes such as heating, friction, and electrical discharge.

5. What is the electromagnetic spectrum?

The electromagnetic spectrum is the range of all types of electromagnetic radiation, including light. It includes different types of radiation such as radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, X-rays, and gamma rays. Each type of radiation has a different wavelength and frequency.