A disrupted memorial service

• Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date
In summary, the World of Warcraft guild Serenity Now attacked an in-game memorial service for a guild member who had recently passed away in real life. They made a video of the exploit for recruitment purposes.
PIT2
In the World of Warcraft, Serenity Now - a hardcore Player-verus-Player (PvP) guild - attacked an in-game memorial service held by another guild for a guild member who passed away in real life. They made a video of the exploit, apparently for recruitment purposes.

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/51161

The video can be seen http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666 [Broken]

What do u think of it? Good humour or distasteful?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
this is so funny.

I could honestly care less about what a bunch of loosers playing WOW do.

I am so out of the loop I don't even know where to begin.

A buch of kids bust up an on-line funeral for someone that died in real life? I don't find it funny, but at the same time, I don't think any of the kids that did it would even consider doing the same in real life. Because of the way they act online I wouldn't be adversed to calling any of them idiots.

If you're holding a funeral for a real death in WoW(How lame), you can't expect anybody to actually NOT come in and ruin it...

I'm really not sure what part of this was the most pathetic display I've ever seen in my life.

1) having a funeral in a game
2) someone disrupting the funeral
3) complaining about it and mispelling "congratulations" amongst other things

And that was after watching 10 seconds

Ah yes, i love this one : "Instead of being REAL PVPers and entering BGs, you ***** out and gank lowbies"

What exactly does that mean.

If you're holding a funeral for a real death in WoW(How lame), you can't expect anybody to actually NOT come in and ruin it...
I'm really not sure what part of this was the most pathetic display I've ever seen in my life.

1) having a funeral in a game
I never thought General Discussion was the most sensitive of forums, but this is ridiculous! :yuck:

Well I mean really... what is this society coming to. What next, weddings online?

Pengwuino said:
Well I mean really... what is this society coming to. What next, weddings online?

You're a bit too late on that one :rofl:

moose said:
You're a bit too late on that one :rofl:

please don't tell me...

Several years too late. :smile:

But unlike this funeral (which was essentially a real funeral, just conducted through this particular medium), the online weddings of which I knew were merely fictional weddings of the fictional characters the people played.

What is a disrupted memorial service?

A disrupted memorial service is a ceremony or gathering that is interrupted or disturbed in some way, making it difficult for attendees to fully engage in the intended purpose of honoring and remembering the deceased.

What are some common causes of a disrupted memorial service?

There are many possible causes of a disrupted memorial service, including unexpected weather events, technical issues, disruptive or disrespectful behavior from attendees, or unexpected events such as a medical emergency.

How can a disrupted memorial service be handled?

The best way to handle a disrupted memorial service is to remain calm and assess the situation. If possible, address the disruption and try to find a solution that allows the service to continue in a respectful manner. If the situation cannot be resolved, it may be necessary to reschedule the service for a later time.

What options are available for rescheduling a disrupted memorial service?

If a memorial service needs to be rescheduled due to a disruption, options include finding a new date and location, holding a private ceremony with immediate family members, or postponing the service until a later date when all attendees can be present.

How can disruptions be prevented at a memorial service?

To prevent disruptions at a memorial service, it is important to communicate clear expectations and guidelines to attendees beforehand. This can include requesting that attendees refrain from using electronic devices, reminding them to be respectful and mindful of their behavior, and having a plan in place for addressing potential disruptions.