Rain producing machine invented this year

In summary: So it was essentially a water-sparing program, not a rain-producing program.In summary, Israel's rain producing machine invented this year! Scientists say they will use it for places in Israel where there is severe drought. It is unclear what will happen to the surrounding regions if the machine is successful in producing rain.
Solrojo
!Israel's rain producing machine invented this year!

Yesterday I was watching Spanish news announcing that Israel scientists have invented a machine that produces artificial clouds with rain!. Israel scientists say they will use it for places in Israel where there is severe drought. Is this the first signs of Type I Civilization as mention in many books including in one of Mr. Kaku's about a Type I Civilization able to manipulate the weather? What do you think??

Physics news on Phys.org
Please don't double post.

Oops, I double post because I did not remember I had post another the same , Entschuldigung

Do you have a link to the story? I have searched in vain trying to get more information, but have not found any?:wink:

I'll try to find some more information today

This Topic exists in several Forums, but this one seems the most appropriate. So, I will cut my reply from the "Quantum Revolution" Forum, and paste it here:

http://www.newsoftheday.com/israel/old/2004_01_11_index.html [Broken] but it says the device is under developement, and has not actually made rain yet. From the description, it sounds like good old-fashioned cloud-seeding. There is mention of a prototype that has generated some clouds, but from the context it sounds like that was in the lab. After seeding the air to form clouds, it appears they then hope to send an ellectrical charge through the clouds to ionise the water droplets, making them clump to gether and fall.

I'm not sure wether or not I hope for them to succeed. It would be nice to see the Negev become a more habitable and crop-friendly area, but what will happen to the sarounding regions? IIRC, we've had a few cloud-seeding programs here in the States, and the problem it always raised was that whatever moisture we caused to fall in one area was water that wasn't going to make it to somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does the rain producing machine work?

The rain producing machine uses a combination of water vapor, temperature control, and wind to simulate the conditions necessary for rain formation. It essentially creates a miniature version of the water cycle.

2. Can the rain produced by this machine be used for agricultural purposes?

Yes, the rain produced by this machine is chemically and biologically identical to natural rain and can be used for agricultural purposes.

3. Is the rain producing machine environmentally friendly?

Yes, the rain producing machine is designed to use minimal energy and resources, making it a sustainable and environmentally friendly option for rain production.

4. What are the potential applications of this rain producing machine?

The rain producing machine has a wide range of potential applications, including drought relief, water conservation, and even creating artificial rain for events or performances.

5. Are there any limitations to the rain producing machine's effectiveness?

While the rain producing machine is able to create rain in most conditions, it may not be able to produce rain in extremely dry or windy environments. It also requires a certain amount of water vapor in the air to be effective.