Another way to input latex code here using LYX

In summary, the conversation suggests using LYX, an open source Latex WYSIWYG word processor, to easily enter complex formulas. The program displays the latex code in a separate window, making it easy to copy and paste into forums like this one. It also offers video tutorials for beginners. The speaker also mentions using MathJax and a program called AutoHotKey to customize keyboard shortcuts for faster input.
zyh
Hi everyone, Maybe it's useful for someone who are not familar with latex but want to enter complex formulas.

I suggest a new way to insert latex formated equations.

I use LYX (www.lyx.org) ,it is a open source Latex WYSIWYG word processor. It will display the the latex code in another source view window. So, after entering the equation. You can just copy the latex code to this forum.

See My attachment image.
attachment.php?attachmentid=15668&stc=1&d=1222691902.jpg

The window above shows equation directly.
The window below shows the latex code of the equation.

I't so easy to enter a formula in LYX. see here: http://www.lyx.org/VisualTour
this page contains a lot of video screencast tutorials. IMO, I't really easy to enter a formula in Lyx.

I'd be grad if you like it. Thanks for reading my post.

Attachments

• latex.jpg
    latex.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 499
Physics news on Phys.org
We use MathJax here, so there are slight differences to LaTeX, see:
https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

What I did was, I downloaded a little program (AutoHotKey) which allows me to lay strings on keyboard shortcuts, e.g. \left. \dfrac{d}{d}\right|_{} is . Alt+U now on my keyboard, and many more. That saves a lot of time. One only has to avoid changing shortcuts like Ctrl+C which are needed in the OS, Windows. This tiny program has also the property, that it can be suspended by one click if need to be.

1. How do I input LaTeX code in LYX?

To input LaTeX code in LYX, you can use the "Insert" menu and select "TeX code" or use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + L". This will open a box where you can type or paste your LaTeX code.

2. Can I preview the output of my LaTeX code in LYX?

Yes, you can preview the output of your LaTeX code in LYX by clicking on the "View" menu and selecting "View Source." This will show you the compiled output of your LaTeX code.

3. How can I customize the appearance of my LaTeX code in LYX?

You can customize the appearance of your LaTeX code in LYX by going to "Tools" and selecting "Preferences." Then, go to the "Look & Feel" tab and click on "Display." Here, you can change the fonts, colors, and other settings for your LaTeX code.

4. Is it possible to use packages in my LaTeX code in LYX?

Yes, you can use packages in your LaTeX code in LYX. To do so, go to "Document" and select "Settings." Then, go to the "Modules" tab and click on "Use Custom LaTeX Package." Here, you can add the name of the package you want to use.

5. Can I use mathematical symbols and equations in my LaTeX code in LYX?

Yes, you can use mathematical symbols and equations in your LaTeX code in LYX. You can either use the "Insert" menu and select "Math" to use the graphical equation editor, or you can directly type the LaTeX code for the equation in the "TeX code" box.