Investigate Food Adulteration: High School Student Project

• Thread starter fawaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
Dear friends, as a high school student, I am working on an investigatory project on food adulteration with my friend. We have completed our experiment on milk adulteration and now need to present 10-12 pages of relevant information on food adulteration. Despite searching through various websites, we have not found satisfactory results and would appreciate any help or advice. One useful website for searching is http://www.sciencedirect.com, which has a vast amount of scientific articles. Thank you for your support and I will report back with my findings on this important topic.
fawaz
dear friends ,
i am a high school student..
i and my friend are supposed to do an investigatory project on chemistry.
our topic is on food adulteration..
we finished the experiment on adulteration of milk.
we are supposed to present 10 - 12 pages of relevant information on food adulteration.
i have surfed enough through the net ( i guess ) for these information, but i haven't got any satisfactory results.

it wud be kind of u to help me on this issue. please. if u can advise me with some web pages or other sources .

thank u
fawaz

Chemistry news on Phys.org
useful website for searching

Hello,

If your local library has a subscription, there is a vast amount of scientific articles on the Internet. For example, please go to http://www.sciencedirect.com to see whether you can find any valuable information. Use the "quick search" option and give all of the keywords with spaces between them.

Regards
chem_tr

thanks for ur kind advice.. chem tr. it was of immense help ..
thank you, this project of ours I believe is very important. milk is consumed by so many people that it must be looked into. I will report back with my findings.

investigatory project

Last edited by a moderator:

What is food adulteration?

Food adulteration refers to the practice of adding low-quality, harmful, or inferior substances to food products in order to increase their quantity or improve their appearance. This can include adding substances like chemicals, dyes, or other harmful additives to food without proper labeling or regulation.

Why is investigating food adulteration important?

Investigating food adulteration is important because it helps ensure the safety and quality of the food we consume. It can also help identify unethical practices and hold companies accountable for their actions. Additionally, it allows for the detection and prevention of potential health risks that may arise from consuming adulterated food.

What are some common methods used to adulterate food?

There are many different methods used to adulterate food, including adding water or other liquids to increase the weight or volume of a product, substituting cheaper ingredients for more expensive ones, and using harmful chemicals or preservatives to improve the appearance of a product.

How can high school students investigate food adulteration?

High school students can investigate food adulteration by conducting research on common methods of adulteration, collecting and analyzing food samples, and performing tests to detect any added substances. They can also reach out to local health or food safety organizations for guidance and assistance.

What are some potential impacts of food adulteration on consumers?

Consuming adulterated food can have a range of negative impacts on consumers, including potential health risks, financial losses, and a decrease in trust towards food products and companies. It can also lead to unfair competition among businesses and harm the overall integrity of the food industry.