Looking for old Oxford University mark schemes ~1988-1994

• Thread starter stupendousp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation is about a person who has a pack of old GCE A-Level past papers from the University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations, specifically a PHYSICS 3 paper from the late 80's to mid 90's. The papers have been useful for creating educational physics software due to their multiple choice format and coverage of various topics. However, the person is unable to find the mark schemes for the papers and is asking for help in finding them. A suggestion is made to try contacting the University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations.
stupendousp
I have a pack of old "University Of Oxford Delegacy Of Local Examinations" GCE A-Level past papers. The specific paper is PHYSICS 3; they date from the late 80's to mid 90's and are all summertime exam papers.

They have been really useful to me so far in some educational physics software I have been creating, mainly because they are multiple choice and this is a lot easier for me to use than written answers, and also because the papers cover a wide range of topics. The only problem is that the questions themselves are very challenging and I cannot find the mark schemes for the papers in either my schools resource area or anywhere online. I would really appreciate it if someone who has the mark schemes or knows where I could find them would reply to me ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like they don't, thanks anyway :)

1. Where can I find old Oxford University mark schemes from 1988 to 1994?

You can try searching for them on the Oxford University website, specifically in the archives or past exams sections. You can also reach out to the university's administrative office or the specific department you are looking for.

2. Are these mark schemes available for all subjects and levels during the specified time period?

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that all mark schemes from 1988 to 1994 are available online. Some may have been lost or not digitized yet. It is best to contact the university directly for a more accurate answer.

3. Can I access these mark schemes for free?

It depends on the availability and policies of the university. Some may offer them for free on their website, while others may require a fee for access. It is best to check with the university or department for their specific policies.

4. Why are these specific years requested for the mark schemes?

These years may be requested due to the individual's academic history or research purposes. They may also be a part of a specific program or project that requires mark schemes from that time period.

5. Are these mark schemes still relevant and useful today?

While the specific questions and topics may not be applicable to current exams, studying past mark schemes can still provide valuable insights and strategies for approaching exams and understanding the expectations of a university. However, it is important to note that the format and content of exams may have changed since 1988-1994.