Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication

• Thread starter mearvk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Digital
In summary, the conversation is about a piece of equipment being sold on eBay and whether it can be used as a spectrum analyzer. It is determined that it is not an RF spectrum analyzer and is instead used for measuring digital signals. The seller offers to provide more information upon request.
mearvk
Hi everyone.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me if this piece of equipment can be used as a spectrum analyzer? I haven't found much in the way of capabilities in a PDF or whatever. Thought maybe you guys would have a better idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221196291528

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
doesnt look like it ... it doesn't have any of the screens that show a standard spec an display

looks more like a unit for checking digital signals through a link .. in particular as it states - mobile phone CDMA signals

Dave

here's a typical spec an display...

attachment.php?attachmentid=56401&stc=1&d=1362533366.jpg

Dave

Attachments

• specanpic.jpg
    specanpic.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 630
At $50'000 new it's still a brilliant buy at $400 with all those options!

The guy mailed me back with this:

The Tek CMD-80 is not an RF spectrum analyzer. The adjacent channel power measurement allows the
user to measure the adjacent, first, and second alternate channel power and display the results in a frequency
domain view. The display shown is similar to a spectrum analyzer.

If you would like to read the original brochure or read the user manual, send me your email and I will email them to you.

1. What is the purpose of the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication?

The Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication is a testing equipment designed for radio frequency (RF) communication systems. It is used to measure and analyze the performance of various wireless devices and networks.

2. What are the key features of the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication?

The Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication offers a wide range of features including spectrum and signal analysis, modulation analysis, and power measurements. It also has the capability to perform frequency and phase measurements, as well as channel power and adjacent channel power ratio measurements.

3. How accurate is the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication?

The Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication has a high level of accuracy with its measurements, typically within 0.5 dB for power measurements and 0.1% for frequency measurements. It also has a low phase noise of -103 dBc/Hz at 100 kHz offset.

4. Can the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication be used for different wireless technologies?

Yes, the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication is a versatile instrument that can be used for testing various wireless technologies such as GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE, and WLAN. It also supports a wide frequency range of 10 MHz to 20 GHz.

5. Is the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication user-friendly?

Yes, the Tektronix CMD-80 Digital Radiocommunication is designed with a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use controls. It also has a built-in help system and can be remotely controlled through a computer, making it convenient for users to operate and navigate.