OLED Watt, Ohms, and Volt Project

In summary, the speaker is new to the forums and looking for ideas on how to design a OLED reader that can display watts, ohms, and volts from a circuit. They mention having some experience with circuits but not being an expert, and provide a link to a potential component. They also express interest in input from others.
ifearclassic
Hi,
I am in fact quite new to these forums but have been lurking for a while. I am trying to design a OLED reader that will display the watts, ohms, and volts after being read from a circuit. Almost exactly like this:
Any ideas on where to start? I am not necessarily a novice when it comes to circuits but I am no expert either. Any input on a good place to start would be great!
Right now I was looking at this: http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/28026/TI/SN54LS696.html , I think this could be a vital component in creating this circuit, but once again, I would appreciate some input.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
ifearclassic said:
Hi,
I am in fact quite new to these forums but have been lurking for a while. I am trying to design a OLED reader that will display the watts, ohms, and volts after being read from a circuit. Almost exactly like this:
Any ideas on where to start? I am not necessarily a novice when it comes to circuits but I am no expert either. Any input on a good place to start would be great!
Right now I was looking at this: http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/28026/TI/SN54LS696.html , I think this could be a vital component in creating this circuit, but once again, I would appreciate some input.
Thanks for your time.

Welcome to the PF.

Are you intending to measure the power being consumed from an AC Mains connection? It sounds like you don't have much experience with circuits, let alone AC Mains high-voltage circuits and safety...?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of the "OLED Watt, Ohms, and Volt Project"?

The purpose of the project is to study and understand the relationship between watt, ohms, and volt in OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology. This will help in designing and optimizing OLED devices for efficient energy consumption.

2. How are watt, ohms, and volt related in OLED technology?

In OLED technology, watt, ohms, and volt are related through Ohm's Law, which states that the current (in amperes) flowing through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage (in volts) and inversely proportional to the resistance (in ohms) of the conductor.

3. What is the significance of watt, ohms, and volt in OLED technology?

Watt, ohms, and volt play a crucial role in determining the efficiency and performance of OLED devices. By understanding their relationship, scientists and engineers can optimize the design of OLED devices to achieve better energy consumption and performance.

4. How do watt, ohms, and volt affect the brightness of an OLED display?

The wattage of an OLED display determines the amount of power it consumes, while the resistance and voltage affect the amount of current flowing through the display. By adjusting these variables, the brightness of an OLED display can be controlled.

5. Can the knowledge gained from this project be applied to other technologies?

Yes, the principles of watt, ohms, and volt and their relationship can be applied to other technologies as well. Ohm's Law is a fundamental principle in electronics and is applicable in various fields such as circuit design, power systems, and telecommunications.