Solution manual for Courant Volume I

In summary, the conversation is about finding a solutions manual for a specific math book. One person suggests a website that has answers to selected problems, but it may not be helpful for the version of the book the other person has. They mention that the two versions of the book have different exercises and the website may be their only online resource for the book.
ronaldor9
Hey, does anybody have this or know where I can get one, since the version by springer does not include a solutions manual at the back of the book?

Physics news on Phys.org
The http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat6/startdiall.htm (it seems to be down at the moment) has answers/hints to selected problems if that's not in your book already.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea ill check it out but from the looks of it that is the original edition of the book, the version i got is by fritz and courant.
I checked them out, the two books differ in exercises. Unfortunately that solution manual is not very helpful.

Last edited:
A good amount of the exercises in Courant's original book are in his new book with John Fritz. Some of the exercises are also ordered differently. Hopefully that website comes back up because that was my only online link to that book too.

1. What is a solution manual for Courant Volume I?

A solution manual for Courant Volume I is a supplementary guide that contains detailed solutions to the exercises and problems presented in the textbook. It is meant to assist students in understanding and practicing the concepts covered in the book.

2. Is the solution manual for Courant Volume I necessary for studying?

No, the solution manual is not necessary for studying as it is only meant to provide additional practice and understanding of the material. However, it can be a helpful resource for students who want to check their work or need extra practice.

3. Can I use the solution manual to cheat on my assignments?

No, using the solution manual to cheat on assignments is considered academic dishonesty and can have serious consequences. The solution manual should only be used as a study aid and not as a means to complete assignments.

4. Are the solutions in the manual reliable?

Yes, the solutions in the manual are usually checked and verified by the author or a team of experts to ensure accuracy. However, there may be some occasional errors, so it is always best to double-check solutions with a classmate or instructor.

5. Can I purchase the solution manual separately from the textbook?

It depends on the publisher and the availability of the solution manual. Some publishers may offer the solution manual for purchase separately, while others may only include it as part of a package with the textbook. It is best to check with the publisher or bookstore for more information.