Physics ELECTRON IN THE ATOM presentation

In summary, I think it would be best to just explain it on a level most people can understand and show them a working model or several different atoms.
Sithlord586
Yes i have to present how an electron in an atom works. I also have to present an example of how it works. IS there anything i can do up on presentation to show how an atom works? IF not an example can someone help me with a concept map? So that I may explain it to the class? ANything that is a visual aid to the class. It is a requirement. I can't quite come up with an example or a visual to show the class what i mean. PLease help if you can. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
And what exactly do you have in mind??I mean what are u going to show them?

What are your ideas...?

Daniel.

Well i was planning on showing the class what an electron's role in an atom is by using visual aids..since i have to anyway. I'm also having trouble with this chapter as well so in the process i was wondering if you can help clarify what electrons do in an atom and a way i can show the class the whole general idea of the electrons in the atom. the presentation is only 5 minutes so i just need something i can say and show.
I don't really know all the important points to say i want to say the main points. I was wondering if you can help me show that and say that.

Yes i am. I am in 11th grade , a junior , in high school.
Science is not my best subject but a requirement and my last year of taking a science subject.English is my best and history. My skills in science and interest are not that high. But still while I am in physics i wish to learn. Chapter 17 we are doing which is " atomic nature of matter". Each student was given a certain sector in the chapter. I was given 17.8 " Electron in the atom". So obviously i have to consist of what everyone else. Is there any chance you may help me?

Sithlord586 said:
Yes i am. I am in 11th grade , a junior , in high school.

(Please pardon any slightly butchered English in advance...thank you. :wink: )

I would say that the best thing you could in a high school class is explain it on a level most people would understand, probably using some sort of a model. If you just show them a plain text chart, they'll probably forget, but if you present a working model of several different atoms and make it a hands-on report, I think the class will understand it better.

Also, I would suggest buildng several different models of different atoms and explain how the electrons help them interact. (That is, in essence, what electrons do.) Perhaps showing the class what role electrons play in chemical reactions would help them understand the importance of the electron in relation to the atom.

What is an electron?

An electron is a subatomic particle with a negative charge that orbits around the nucleus of an atom. It is one of the fundamental particles that make up all matter.

How does an electron behave in an atom?

Electrons in an atom behave like waves and can exist in specific energy levels or orbitals around the nucleus. They also have a dual nature, exhibiting both wave-like and particle-like properties.

What is the significance of the electron in the atom?

The electron is essential in determining the chemical and physical properties of an atom. Its arrangement and behavior within an atom dictate how atoms bond and interact with each other.

What is the difference between valence and core electrons?

Valence electrons are the electrons in the outermost energy level of an atom, and they are responsible for the atom's chemical properties. Core electrons are the electrons in the inner energy levels, closer to the nucleus, and they have a lower energy level than valence electrons.

How do electrons move within an atom?

Electrons move within an atom in a specific pattern, following the laws of quantum mechanics. They can jump from one energy level to another by absorbing or releasing energy in the form of photons. They can also move between atoms when chemical bonds are formed or broken.