Edit Your Post - Quick & Easy Guide

• Thread starter ian_dsouza
  • Start date
In summary, the edit button has a time limit of 11 hours and 40 minutes, after which it is not displayed and you cannot edit your post. If the change is relevant, you can report your post to ask the mentors to change it. Keep in mind that significant changes to your original post can create confusion in the thread. The thread title can only be changed by a mentor, and if there is a spelling error or something ridiculous, you can report it to ask for a change. Thank you for the replies and the explanation.
ian_dsouza
Hi, I created a thread but would now like to edit my post and the title. Can't find the edit option. I recall having done this a while back.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
ian_dsouza said:
Hi, I created a thread but would now like to edit my post and the title. Can't find the edit option. I recall having done this a while back.

Thanks
The edit button has a time limit on it. After that, the button is not displayed and you can't edit the post.

11 or 12 hours I think.
If the change is relevant, you can report your post and ask the mentors to change it.

ian_dsouza said:

Thanks

mfb said:
11 or 12 hours I think.
If the change is relevant, you can report your post and ask the mentors to change it.

And keep in mind that some edits to your posts can create confusion in the thread. If you go back and edit your original post (OP) to significantly change it, others who have responded to your OP will be confused. Sometimes, it's just best to quote your OP in a separate reply, and then use strikeouts to delete what you want to eliminate, and make corrections in bold or in some other obvious way.

The thread title can only be changed by a mentor. If you wrote something ridiculous, like "Einstien", use the report button to ask them to change it.

The time limit for edits is 11 hours and 40 minutes (=700 minutes).

Fredrik said:
If you wrote something ridiculous, like "Einstien", use the report button to ask them to change it.
:rofl:

Thanks for the replies. Duly noted :thumbs:

1. How do I edit my post?

To edit your post, simply click on the "Edit" button located next to your post. This will open up the editing interface where you can make changes to your post's content.

2. Can I edit my post after it has been published?

Yes, you can edit your post even after it has been published. Just follow the same steps as you would when editing a post before it is published.

3. Will my changes be saved automatically?

Yes, your changes will be saved automatically as you make them. However, it is always a good idea to periodically click on the "Save" button to ensure that your changes are saved.

4. Can I undo changes that I have made?

Yes, you can undo changes that you have made by clicking on the "Undo" button located at the top of the editing interface. This will revert your post back to its previous state.

5. How do I add images or videos to my post?

To add images or videos to your post, click on the "Add Media" button located at the top of the editing interface. This will allow you to upload or select media from your existing library to add to your post.