What are the features and updates on the PARTNERS page of Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Adjoint
  • Start date
In summary, the "PARTNERS" page provided at the bottom of the page has several issues. The Scientific American offer is no longer valid, and the links to the PF Facebook and LinkedIn pages are missing.
Adjoint
I was just browsing through PF when I came across the "PARTNERS" page (https://www.physicsforums.com/partners.php [Broken]) provided at the bottom (along with Terms of Service, Privacy etc.)

And I have certain issues to mention about that page:

1. I think this line has a typing mistake -
Physics Forums members enjoy a 20% a yearly sciam magazine subscription.

2. Is the Scientific American offer still valid? If so, where is the link to get the charge reduced subscription? (The link provided there just points to the main siam site)

3. I know that the educator.com offer is going on now. Because I saw that as a notification on top of the PF home page. But shouldn't that link also be in this page (perhaps with log-in only access)? The link provided there just points to educator.com main site.

(Also if someone mistakenly closes the educator.com offer notification box, how can they find the link again?)

4. In the same page, under the heading "Social Media Connections", only the official Twitter link is provided. The Google+ link never points to the Google plus page of PF, rather it's just a share button. Also link to PF Facebook and LinkedIn pages are missing. Shouldn't those be there too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php [Broken]
The information here ^ is also not valid anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adjoint said:
I was just browsing through PF when I came across the "PARTNERS" page (https://www.physicsforums.com/partners.php [Broken]) provided at the bottom (along with Terms of Service, Privacy etc.)

And I have certain issues to mention about that page:

1. I think this line has a typing mistake -

2. Is the Scientific American offer still valid? If so, where is the link to get the charge reduced subscription? (The link provided there just points to the main siam site)

3. I know that the educator.com offer is going on now. Because I saw that as a notification on top of the PF home page. But shouldn't that link also be in this page (perhaps with log-in only access)? The link provided there just points to educator.com main site.

(Also if someone mistakenly closes the educator.com offer notification box, how can they find the link again?)

4. In the same page, under the heading "Social Media Connections", only the official Twitter link is provided. The Google+ link never points to the Google plus page of PF, rather it's just a share button. Also link to PF Facebook and LinkedIn pages are missing. Shouldn't those be there too?

1. Thanks

2. Here is the link, pretty sure it still works
https://w1.buysub.com/servlet/OrdersGateway?cds_mag_code=SCA&cds_page_id=48160

3. Go back to the PF education forums and a new link will be generated

4. Thanks

Last edited:
:smile:

1. What is the purpose of the "PARTNERS" page?

The "PARTNERS" page is designed to showcase the organizations and individuals that have collaborated with us on research projects or have provided support for our scientific work.

2. How can I become a partner with your organization?

If you are interested in becoming a partner with our organization, please contact us through the information provided on the "PARTNERS" page. We are always open to new collaborations and partnerships.

3. Are there any benefits to becoming a partner?

Yes, there are many benefits to becoming a partner with our organization. These may include access to our research and data, opportunities for joint grant applications, and networking with other partners in the scientific community.

4. Can I view past and current partners on the "PARTNERS" page?

Yes, the "PARTNERS" page includes a comprehensive list of both past and current partners. We value all of our partnerships and are proud to showcase them on this page.

5. Are there any specific requirements for becoming a partner?

We do not have specific requirements for becoming a partner. However, we do look for organizations and individuals who share our values and are aligned with our research goals and objectives.