Bigfoot Evidence to be announced today

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evidence
In summary: Georgia?In summary, the two men from Georgia claim to have found a 7'7" tall hairy ape-like creature which weighs 500 pounds. They will announce the findings today. It is unknown if the creature is real or not, but it is definitely a hoax.
Physics news on Phys.org
They have the "Bigfoot" yet are only going to show photos, and hand over DNA samples..hmmm, that just doesn't seem right.

Maybe they found Jimmy Hoffa?

I don't have a reference, but this was shown to be a hoax today (obviously). Heard it on the radio.

Hoax.

They should be tarred and feathered. Or should that be tarred and furred? :uhh:

I cannot find where it has been proven to be a fraud yet, but it stinks of one.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2008/08/15/bigfoot-found-in-georgia-proof-or-hoax.aspx [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

The press conference transpired in Palo Alto.

As expected, they didn't show the "body," and as expected they said, again, the world will have to "wait and see" ... All the while Biscardi can do some deals to put some money in his pocket, from publishers, producers, etc., (and share it with the Georgia boys) before it is obvious to everyone that it was just another Biscardi hoax.

The only scientist involved with them (Curt Nelson) simply received a "DNA sample" in the mail. Three results so far from that sample: 1) unknown, 2) human, and 3) possum. Nelso will do more tests, but he has said his tests don't mean anything.

Biscardi claims that other scientists will be doing more studies on the body, which will make a nice excuse to string the media along for a few more weeks.
http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

I seem to recall a wild super-hog that was found.

IRLCutchWildHog.jpg

Here is an account of that - also from Georgia?
http://www.newsgd.com/enjoylife/Entertainment/entertainment/200704300050.htm

Something in the water?
Or the beer?

Last edited:

LowlyPion said:
I seem to recall a wild super-hog that was found.

IRLCutchWildHog.jpg
Hogzilla is actually real. There is even a documentary on it. I don't know if that picture is real, but there really was a super big hog found.

rewebster said:
"claims that they have come across 7’ 7” tall hairy ape-like creature that was deceased that weighs in around 500 pounds. "
Danger hasn't been posting much lately.

This is in no way intended as a defense, or to suggest that I put any truck in it - I am merely playing Devil's Advocate:

If ever there were such a Earth-shaking discovery made, it would be IMO, completely consistent that they would not simply reveal the whole she-bang at a public conference - or even anything conclusive.

To reveal anything conclusive would be to tip their money-making hand. There's little point in revealing such a huge discovery these days other than to secure one's financial- and media- future. I don't think even a hard-core scientist would be so altruistic to his field as to offer up his discovery for nothing more than academic recognition.

IOW, the fact that they have not revealed anything concluisve is in no way an indicator that it is a hoax.

Like it or not, they've got to milk this for all it's worth, even if it's real.

Now, that being said, I am still satisfied that it's a hoax.

If they really did find anything, they would WANT it to be certified as real beyond question. They would gain everything for having the proof. If they had solid evidence, just think how much money they could make off of it. Solid evidence would have people making pilgrimages to them.

This is obviously a publicity stunt to get some poor fools to cough over money for nothing.

mgb_phys said:
Danger hasn't been posting much lately.

:rofl: OMG, you owe me a new keyboard! :rofl:

This should prove amusing any way it goes.

Fox New Network had a photo of a close-up of the jaw and teeth.

Btw, hypatia, if I had a million dollar carcus in my freezer, I'd keep it close.

How much would a well crafted hoax in a freezer would be worth?

does this thread get moved back if the thing turns out to be real?

--nevermind---I see that it was combined with another thread

: )

I'm going to be really pissed if this turns out to be Homer Simpson. He's had a good run, but I'm not ready for the show to be canceled yet.

For those of you who didn't read the article, they've established a web site, where they charge a couple bucks to see their photos. They've established a limited liability corporation, apparently in the business of conducting bigfoot tours.

I wonder which came first, the LLC, the purchase of the domain name, or the alleged bigfoot sighting. Perhaps there was a recent acquisition of a freezer out of it's place on the time-line.

If they get Geraldo to do a special on it ... that should establish whether it is a hoax or not.

Phrak said:
if I had a million dollar carcus in my freezer, I'd keep it close.

Ewww... :yuck:

According to what I have read they have given 3 different stories about how they got the carcas:
1. They shot the creature themselves.

2. They had found a colony of the creatures gathered around the corpse, apparently about to bury it.

3. They had stumbled across it in the woods.

Also, at one point they showed a picture of a man they said was a "scientist" who had identified the carcase as bigfoot. When they picture was found to be of the brother of one of the men, they said they were just "having fun".

Finally, they did send three samples, purportedly all from the carcase, to a lab for dna analysis. The lab reported that one sample was human, a second from an oppossum, and the third too deteriorated to get any results from.

The consensus seems to be that this is a hide of "Wookie suit" (interestingly, there was a man in a "Wookie suit" in the audience of their press conference!) with some possum intestines thrown on it.

I hope that these guys end up in jail for fraud. It's time that we start pressing charges against people that do this kind of thing for profit.

Evo said:
I hope that these guys end up in jail for fraud. It's time that we start pressing charges against people that do this kind of thing for profit.

Scary lady. There was a time, probably a short one, when a good hoax was appreciated. Why should it be taken as a personal afront; pride demanding punishment of the hoaxters.

Things like the crop circles were just fun (though they did damage crops). This one is purely for profit and that makes it fraud.

Evo said:

I think those 'Blair Witch Project' people got 7 to 10 years each for saying it was real--and how about those 'Pet rock' people!---

Yeah but this is funny. As long as no one is hurt, I don't see the harm in playing a little prank.

I think CNN and Fox news should be punished for covering it.

rewebster said:
I think those 'Blair Witch Project' people got 7 to 10 years each for saying it was real--and how about those 'Pet rock' people!---

I guess I missed that. When did that happen?

LowlyPion said:
I guess I missed that. When did that happen?

people believe that which they usually have beliefs in already, that will reinforce their belief system--as, if the 'new' item has/is similar to other beliefs they hold (which may or may not be true) but they are willing to take a chance and 'want' to belief the 'new' item will benefit them (or their belief system)

rewebster said:
people believe that which they usually have beliefs in already, that will reinforce their belief system--as, if the 'new' item has/is similar to other beliefs they hold (which may or may not be true) but they are willing to take a chance and 'want' to belief the 'new' item will benefit them (or their belief system)

And this has what to do with the Blair Witch people getting jail?

LowlyPion said:
And this has what to do with the Blair Witch people getting jail?

they didn't----

I was looking at the similarities of 'making something up' to look real (for money and/or for fun)

Phrak said:
Scary lady. There was a time, probably a short one, when a good hoax was appreciated. Why should it be taken as a personal afront; pride demanding punishment of the hoaxters.

Alex6200 said:
Yeah but this is funny. As long as no one is hurt, I don't see the harm in playing a little prank.
Because they are taking money under false pretenses. People are being hurt (monetarily). That's illegal. It's called fraud.

Yeah, but nobody has the resources to pursue everything that is fraudulent. Look at homeopathy. The FDA just let's it slide because it's mainly water, so besides spending money, it doesn't really hurt people.

rewebster said:
then, what about places like the 'Oregon Vortex'? or Barnum's 'American Museum'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum's_American_Museum
What about it, it's for amusement. Their money isn't being taken from them due to them being lied to.

Did you read what you posted?

In July 2000 the museum opened again on the internet due to the support of a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities. The CUNY Graduate Center rebuilt the five-story museum on a Web site with the aim to provide students and history buffs with a full archive of information about the museum and relevant 19th-century subjects. [2]

<h2>1. What is the evidence for Bigfoot being announced today?</h2><p>The evidence being announced today is a collection of footprints, hair samples, and eyewitness testimonies that have been analyzed and deemed to be potentially linked to the existence of Bigfoot.</p><h2>2. Who is announcing the evidence for Bigfoot today?</h2><p>The evidence is being announced by a team of researchers and scientists who have been studying Bigfoot for several years. They have conducted thorough investigations and analysis of the evidence before making this announcement.</p><h2>3. How credible is the evidence being announced for Bigfoot?</h2><p>The credibility of the evidence is still being evaluated by the scientific community. While the evidence is intriguing and warrants further investigation, it is not yet considered conclusive proof of Bigfoot's existence.</p><h2>4. Will this evidence finally prove the existence of Bigfoot?</h2><p>It is too early to say whether this evidence will prove the existence of Bigfoot. While it is a significant development in the research of this elusive creature, more evidence and research is needed to make a conclusive determination.</p><h2>5. What impact will this announcement have on the scientific community?</h2><p>This announcement will likely spark further interest and research in the study of Bigfoot. It may also lead to more funding and resources being allocated towards understanding this mysterious creature. However, the scientific community will continue to approach the evidence with skepticism and critical analysis.</p>

1. What is the evidence for Bigfoot being announced today?

The evidence being announced today is a collection of footprints, hair samples, and eyewitness testimonies that have been analyzed and deemed to be potentially linked to the existence of Bigfoot.

2. Who is announcing the evidence for Bigfoot today?

The evidence is being announced by a team of researchers and scientists who have been studying Bigfoot for several years. They have conducted thorough investigations and analysis of the evidence before making this announcement.

3. How credible is the evidence being announced for Bigfoot?

The credibility of the evidence is still being evaluated by the scientific community. While the evidence is intriguing and warrants further investigation, it is not yet considered conclusive proof of Bigfoot's existence.

4. Will this evidence finally prove the existence of Bigfoot?

It is too early to say whether this evidence will prove the existence of Bigfoot. While it is a significant development in the research of this elusive creature, more evidence and research is needed to make a conclusive determination.

5. What impact will this announcement have on the scientific community?

This announcement will likely spark further interest and research in the study of Bigfoot. It may also lead to more funding and resources being allocated towards understanding this mysterious creature. However, the scientific community will continue to approach the evidence with skepticism and critical analysis.