Metal heat treatment furnace

In summary, the conversation revolves around a senior project on metal heat treatment furnace design and manufacture. The individual has two questions - calculating heat rate to raise air temperature and understanding sensible heat. They request any helpful websites or articles on the topic and provide an email for contact. One response suggests using the basic energy equation to find total heat and using web search tools for more information.
vandesil
hiiiiiiiiii
I hope for helping me
I have a senier project about "metal heat treatment furnace designe and manufacture"
First:
I want to calculate the heat rate that required to raise air heat from 15 to 40 c in a specific volume like room with volume 4*4*3.
Second:
I want to know about "Sensible heat" what is the equation used to calculate it?
please send me any websites or articles talking in this subjects.
contact me on
[B]htfproject@yahoo.com[/B]
Yours
Jak

Engineering news on Phys.org
As far as the first question, heat rate will only determine how fast your room raises to the temperature. To find the total heat or Q, just use the basic energy equation.
Q = mC(T2-T1) where m is mass of the air, and C is specific heat.
Given this total heat, then determine how fast you want to heat it, divide and there's your heat rate.

Not real sure about your second question though.

Sensible heat is simply the heat energy obtained at an elevated temperature. It is calculated via. the equation Minger has already posted. I would highly recommend becoming familiar with web search tools. There is a lot of information to be had that way. It is very easy.

thx a lot for responding
I think that what I need.

1. What is a metal heat treatment furnace?

A metal heat treatment furnace is a specialized piece of equipment used in the manufacturing industry to heat and cool metal materials for various purposes. It is typically used to alter the physical and mechanical properties of metals, such as improving their strength, hardness, and ductility.

2. How does a metal heat treatment furnace work?

A metal heat treatment furnace works by subjecting metal materials to high temperatures, typically ranging from 300-2000 degrees Celsius. This process can involve heating the metal in an oxygen-free environment, using different heating methods such as induction or gas, and then rapidly cooling it to achieve the desired properties.

3. What types of metal can be treated in a heat treatment furnace?

Various types of metal can be treated in a heat treatment furnace, including steel, aluminum, copper, and titanium. The specific type of metal and the desired outcome will determine the specific heat treatment process and parameters used.

4. What are the benefits of using a metal heat treatment furnace?

The use of a metal heat treatment furnace offers several benefits, including increased strength, improved hardness and wear resistance, enhanced corrosion resistance, and better dimensional stability. It also allows for precise control over the properties of the metal, leading to more consistent and reliable results.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a metal heat treatment furnace?

Yes, there are several safety precautions to consider when using a metal heat treatment furnace. These include wearing appropriate protective gear, following proper operating procedures, and ensuring proper ventilation to prevent exposure to hazardous fumes. It is also crucial to regularly maintain and monitor the furnace to prevent any potential accidents or malfunctions.