Which degree is m ost demanding?

• Programs
  • Thread starter Line
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degree
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of different degree programs, with the conclusion that the most difficult degree is subjective and depends on the individual's talents and interests. Liberal arts is considered the easiest degree, while fields such as math, science, and engineering may be more challenging for some individuals.
Line
We've discussed the many fields of science,technology,and engineering. But now I'd like to know what the most difficult degree is period.

Liberal Arts,Law,Physics,Business,Healtchcare,Accounting?

Physics news on Phys.org
Line said:
We've discussed the many fields of science,technology,and engineering. But now I'd like to know what the most difficult degree is period.

Liberal Arts,Law,Physics,Business,Healtchcare,Accounting?

Depends on the talents of the student.

I don't know where you want to go with this question. Why do you care ?

marlon

marlon said:
I don't know where you want to go with this question. Why do you care ?

i sort of wonder this also. after doing a math degree i find it so much easier to understand everything else, probably due to the abstractness of math. though from my experience i think all non-social-science & non-education degrees are equally difficult. i know an english student who studies (& of course writes about) approx 1 whole novel each week in each of the 5 courses she takes in a term. that's about 5x13=75 novels per term + moderate-length (~10-15 page) papers about them. for me since i hate lab writeups i would find a chem, physics or engineering degree most difficult.

the most difficult is the one you enjoy least.

after trying analysis i was forced to switch back to algebraic geometry because i coul not persist to the degree unless i was having fun.

Liberal arts is by definition the easiest since that's one field you already touched on everything to a fair amount before and you're not required to know much of anything.

Arts and Crafts

Music - I've taken several piano classes and can still barely play chopsticks.

1. What is the most demanding degree for a scientist?

The most demanding degree for a scientist would depend on the specific field of science and the individual's personal strengths and interests. Some may find a degree in physics or mathematics to be the most challenging, while others may excel in a biology or chemistry degree.

2. Is it better to pursue a graduate degree for a more demanding career in science?

Obtaining a graduate degree can certainly open up more opportunities for a demanding career in science. However, it is important to consider the specific requirements and expectations of the field you wish to enter before deciding if a graduate degree is necessary.

3. Are certain science degrees more demanding than others?

Yes, certain science degrees may be considered more demanding than others due to the level of mathematical or technical skills required, the amount of research or lab work involved, and the level of critical thinking and problem-solving needed.

4. Do employers value a more demanding science degree over a less demanding one?

Employers may value a more demanding science degree in terms of the skills and knowledge gained, but it ultimately depends on the specific needs of the job and the individual's experience and qualifications.

5. How can I prepare for a demanding science degree?

To prepare for a demanding science degree, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It may also be helpful to gain research experience or internships in your field of interest to get a sense of the demands of the degree and the career path you wish to pursue.