U or SCU: What is the functionality of a Secondary Cooling Unit in Aerospace?

• Thread starter araanandv2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cooling
U-Aerospace is a Secondary Cooling Unit used in commercial airplanes as part of the Electrical System. It is manufactured by AMETEK Aerospace & Defense and can be found under the SKU (stock keeping unit) number 1698 on their website. Its exact functionality may vary depending on the specific application and system it is used in. If you are looking to locate and sell one to a customer, it would be helpful to have a manufacturer part number or a specification from the customer to narrow down your search. In summary, CSU-Aerospace is a specific component used in the Electrical System of commercial airplanes manufactured by AMETEK Aerospace & Defense.
araanandv2
Hi,

Please explain me about the Secondary Cooling Unit (SCU)-Aerospace?

Please explain its functionality?

Engineering news on Phys.org
To what kind of application are you referring? The name is pretty self explanatory, but it doesn't narrow down what you are looking for. For example, could it be one of the ones here?
http://www.ametekaerodefense.com/products/SKU.cfm?SKU_Id=1698&Style=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much

Customer informed that its used in commercial airplane.
i don't have any idea regarding this.

Expecting a positive reply.

Did they happen to tell you what system this unit is part of? Hydraulics? Environmental? Electrical?

They told that it is a part of Electrical System

thanks

Well. I am stumped. I will have to ask around. I don't suppose there is any way that you have a manufacturer part number?

I assume you are trying to locate and sell one to your customer. If so then they should give you a specification for what they want. That will enable you to narrow down the field and be more specific as to what you need to look for. Plus, you'll have something to fall back on when they tell you it's not what they want.

CS

1. What is a Secondary Cooling Unit (SCU)?

A Secondary Cooling Unit (SCU) is a device used in many industrial processes to cool down hot liquids or gases. It is typically used as a secondary stage of cooling after the primary cooling process, which may not be sufficient to reach the desired temperature.

2. How does an SCU work?

An SCU works by using a refrigerant or coolant to absorb heat from the substance being cooled. The coolant then goes through a compressor and condenser, where it is cooled and turned back into a liquid. This cooled liquid is then circulated back into the SCU to continue the cooling process.

3. What are the applications of an SCU?

SCUs are commonly used in industries such as food processing, chemical manufacturing, and power generation. They are also used in refrigeration systems and air conditioning units.

4. What are the benefits of using an SCU?

There are several benefits to using an SCU, including increased efficiency and precision in the cooling process, reduced energy consumption, and improved product quality. Additionally, SCUs are often more compact and easier to maintain compared to larger cooling systems.

5. How do I choose the right SCU for my needs?

The right SCU for your needs will depend on factors such as the type of substance being cooled, the desired cooling temperature, and the required cooling capacity. It is important to consult with a professional to determine the best SCU for your specific application.