Posting Approval: Questions About Time Zone Issues

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a technical issue where posts on the forum feedback and announcements section need to be approved by a mentor before appearing. This raises concerns about people in different time zones and not being able to provide feedback. It is also mentioned that this issue has been noticed and is being looked into.
Math Jeans
I don't know if this is just from the computer that I'm using is whether it was something that was recently added, but when I post, it is telling me that my post will not appear until it has been approved by a mentor. :confused:

My only question is that if a mentor has to approve the messages, then what happens to a person who lives in a particular time zone in which none of the mentors are online during their usual posting times?

Physics news on Phys.org
Actually, I just realized that it is only doing that for the forum feedback and announcements section.

My only problem is that its also not letting me post new topics in that section of the forum. How do I provide feedback if it won't let me?

It's a known issue in feedback. For some reason, it's tossing posts by contributors without any other medals into a moderation queue. Your post isn't lost, just hidden from view. The mentors can approve them and make it visible. We don't know why this is happening yet, or maybe Greg has been too busy with all the other repair work since the upgrade to get to this one.

BTW, I just noticed that I can edit my posts after they have been approved :rolleyes:

Lol. Talk about a flaw.

1. What is posting approval for time zone issues?

Posting approval for time zone issues is a process where a designated person or team reviews and approves posts on social media or online platforms to ensure that they are posted at the appropriate time for different time zones.

2. Why is posting approval necessary for time zone issues?

Posting approval is necessary to ensure that posts are seen by the intended audience at the most optimal time. Different time zones can greatly affect the visibility and engagement of posts, so it is important to get approval to ensure maximum reach.

3. Who is responsible for posting approval for time zone issues?

The responsibility for posting approval for time zone issues usually falls on the social media or marketing team. However, in some cases, it may be the responsibility of a specific designated person or team within the organization.

4. How is posting approval for time zone issues typically done?

Posting approval for time zone issues is typically done by using social media scheduling tools that allow for posts to be scheduled and posted at specific times for different time zones. These tools often have features that allow for easy approval and management of posts.

5. What are the potential consequences of not obtaining posting approval for time zone issues?

Not obtaining posting approval for time zone issues can result in posts being seen by a smaller audience, decreased engagement, and potentially missing out on valuable opportunities to reach a larger audience. It can also reflect poorly on the organization's social media presence and credibility.