Inwheel Go-Cart Design Help - Ideas for Precise Control

• Thread starter Squirt8500
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cart
In summary: side. then when the cart goes by a magnet it would turn the coils off.thanks for trying to understand my idea. in summary, the goal of the project is to create an electromagnetic go cart that can be controlled by a hall sensor to precisely accelerate and decelerate.
Squirt8500
I have an idea for making a go cart with a in wheel motor, same idea as the
volvo recharge: http://www.alt-energy.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/hiw_hybrid_infog_485.jpg
My idea is to have electromagnetic "flaps" that can be turned on and off and i was wondering how i could turn them on and off precisely so i could control the acceleration and other variables
I was thinking about using a hall sensor but i couldn't control very much about that
so any ideas would be great thnx

Engineering news on Phys.org
You have to define what you are looking at. The term "flaps" isn't very helpful. The picture you show simply shows an electric stator and rotor combination places in a wheel hub assembly. That's all well and nice, but very low speed. Describe what you are talking about specifically their use and how they need to be actuated.

Squirt8500 said:
I have an idea for making a go cart with a in wheel motor, same idea as the
volvo recharge: http://www.alt-energy.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/hiw_hybrid_infog_485.jpg
My idea is to have electromagnetic "flaps" that can be turned on and off and i was wondering how i could turn them on and off precisely so i could control the acceleration and other variables
I was thinking about using a hall sensor but i couldn't control very much about that
so any ideas would be great thnx

The flaps that i am talking about are a coil of wires, laminated, and i will have a lot of them.
then i would place them on a smaller wheel side by side.
they need to be actuated so that if there was a magnet that is before it the coils will turn on and when it passes it will turn off, i would need to control the actuation of the coils so i could accelerate.

Attachments

• in wheel.JPG
    in wheel.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 380
would a variable resistor be able to control the speed of the cart?

I'm sorry, but you still lost me. These coils would be above and beyond the existing rotor and stator?

yes the coils would be on the stator

1. How can I improve the precision of my inwheel go-cart?

One way to improve the precision of your inwheel go-cart is to use high-quality, durable materials for the frame and wheels. Additionally, you can fine-tune the steering mechanism and suspension for better control and handling.

2. Are there any specific design considerations for inwheel go-carts?

Yes, there are some important design considerations for inwheel go-carts. These include weight distribution, aerodynamics, and the type of steering mechanism used. It's also important to consider the terrain and purpose of the go-cart when designing it for precise control.

3. What are some ideas for achieving precise control in an inwheel go-cart?

One idea is to incorporate electronic or hydraulic systems for steering and braking, which can provide more precise control compared to manual mechanisms. Another idea is to use a variable-ratio steering system, which can adjust the steering response based on the speed of the go-cart.

4. Can I use existing go-cart designs as inspiration for my inwheel go-cart?

Yes, you can definitely use existing go-cart designs as inspiration for your inwheel go-cart. However, it's important to also consider the unique challenges and requirements of inwheel go-carts, such as the placement and integration of the wheels.

5. How can I test and fine-tune the precision of my inwheel go-cart?

You can test and fine-tune the precision of your inwheel go-cart by conducting controlled experiments on different terrains and at varying speeds. You can also gather feedback from experienced go-cart drivers and make adjustments based on their suggestions. Additionally, computer simulations can also be helpful in predicting and improving the precision of the go-cart before physical testing.