Learning source for Thermodynamic

In summary, there are various sources available for learning about Thermodynamics, such as notes, video lectures, and ebooks. Some recommended resources include MIT open course website, CalTech notes on Thermodynamics, and the Teaching Company lectures on Thermodynamics. Good books on the subject include "Thermodynamics - An Engineering Approach" by Y Cengel and "Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics" by Shapiro. Additionally, there are websites that offer information and lectures on thermodynamics, such as those from InfoCobuild and MIT OCW.
soonsoon88
Anyone have the learning source for Thermodynamic ?
Can share it here?
Thx =)

Science news on Phys.org

learning source like notes?? video lectures?? ebooks? & what level?

Check out MIT open course website.

Also, CalTech has some notes on Thermodynamics. Did you mean the Teaching Company lectures on Thermodynamics?

ank_gl said:
learning source like notes?? video lectures?? ebooks? & what level?

Check out MIT open course website.

Actually my level just until second law of thermodynamics, recently is learning lots of cycles such as vapor,gas n refrigeration. and the exergy. >.< Exergy is very diffucult TT
Anyway, i willing to learn about it i don't mind which source,as long as it is related to mechanical engineering, hehe

I doubt any notes or webpage can create an understanding in the student's mind. A proper book is the best way to go about it. Search your library for books on Engineering Thermodynamics.

some good books-
Thermodynamics -An Engineering Approach - Y Cengel
Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics - Shapiro

1. What is the best way to learn about thermodynamics?

The best way to learn about thermodynamics is through a combination of theoretical study and practical application. This can include reading textbooks, attending lectures, and completing experiments to see how the principles of thermodynamics apply in real-world scenarios.

2. Are there any online resources that can help me understand thermodynamics?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning about thermodynamics. Some popular options include online courses, educational videos, and interactive simulations. It's important to choose reputable sources to ensure accurate information.

3. Do I need a strong background in math to understand thermodynamics?

While a basic understanding of math is helpful, it is not necessary to have a strong background in order to understand thermodynamics. Many concepts can be explained using simple equations and diagrams. However, a stronger math foundation can be beneficial for more advanced topics.

4. How can I apply my knowledge of thermodynamics in the real world?

Thermodynamics has many practical applications in fields such as engineering, chemistry, and physics. Understanding the principles of thermodynamics can help you design more efficient processes and systems, and make informed decisions about energy usage and conservation.

5. What are some common misconceptions about thermodynamics?

One common misconception is that thermodynamics only applies to large-scale systems, when in fact, it can be applied to systems of any size. Another misconception is that thermodynamics only deals with heat and temperature, when in reality, it also encompasses energy, work, and the behavior of matter at a molecular level.