Physics Problem + Solution Database

In summary, this user is a student who does not know anything about different streams of mechanical engineering. They are looking for help from anyone who can.
HorseBox
I started up a database of problems and solutions for physics, chemistry and maths. Take a look
http://toxicopoeia.com/?get=problems&cat=physics
I've only added physics questions at the moment. All the variables are randomly generated so people can keep practicing the same kinds of questions. I only just got started with this I'm planning on throwing in things like function graphers and diagram generators. If any of you want to see any physics/chemistry related questions added tell me and I'll throw them in. Also if you want to add a question can you write out the solution yourself because it takes me ages to do the solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
that's a good site,thanks horsebox

Thanks. The theme of that site is the mind and methods of optimizing and altering it but my life obsession encompasses nearly everything science related so I had to throw it in
http://toxicopoeia.com/?get=science
Dunno how I'll integrate it in but I suppose it all goes hand in hand. Scientific knowledge is like ammunition for the mind so the site might as well provide resources to help people learn. I can think of plenty of things which would be of huge benefit to anyone learning. For one dynamic graphs and diagrams which go with every question to give people a visual idea of what's going on.

Something I think would be brilliant would be dynamic graphs which the user controls by inputting variables. For example a picture of a balloon and below the user can input values for volume, pressure and temperature. I have plenty of ideas its all a matter of being able to convert them into a web application. For example I want to make a virtual lab where people can learn lab safety and practice through trial and error without the real risks. They could poison themselves, blow themselves up and burn the lab down as much as they like. I think that people really could learn how to work in a lab safely the same way people learn to fly planes playing flight simulator. The only thing stopping me from doing this is the fact I don't know any flash.

This is well infomative site, helpfull for students as well as who work in any department espacially in teaching job, but have the interested in these fields

hi,

Do you have BAUPC problems and solutions? (I downloaded and did a few of them but now the link goes dead...).
If you do, can you send them to: [email address deleted by moderator] ?
If you don't, do you know anyone who does?

PTDK said:
hi,

Do you have BAUPC problems and solutions? (I downloaded and did a few of them but now the link goes dead...).
If you do, can you send them to: [email address deleted by moderator] ?
If you don't, do you know anyone who does?
I don't know if this is the same site you used, but it appears to be working now:

http://liquids.seas.harvard.edu/oleg/competition/prev.html

Looks like a good collection of problems.

HorseBox said:
I started up a database of problems and solutions for physics, chemistry and maths. Take a look
http://toxicopoeia.com/?get=problems&cat=physics
I've only added physics questions at the moment. All the variables are randomly generated so people can keep practicing the same kinds of questions. I only just got started with this I'm planning on throwing in things like function graphers and diagram generators. If any of you want to see any physics/chemistry related questions added tell me and I'll throw them in. Also if you want to add a question can you write out the solution yourself because it takes me ages to do the solutions.

An excellent site! Thanks for sharing.

profession,...

hi friends.. iam a student of me 3rd yr.
i don't have any idea about diffrent streams of mechanical engineering.
could anyone help...

1. What is a "Physics Problem + Solution Database"?

A Physics Problem + Solution Database is a collection of problems and their corresponding solutions in the field of physics. It serves as a resource for students and researchers to practice and improve their understanding of physics concepts and principles.

2. How is this database organized?

This database is typically organized by topic or subfield, such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, etc. Within each topic, the problems are further categorized based on difficulty level or specific concepts covered.

3. Who can benefit from using this database?

This database can benefit students and researchers at all levels, from high school to graduate school, who are studying or working in the field of physics. It can also be useful for teachers and tutors to supplement their lesson plans and assignments.

4. Are the solutions provided in the database accurate?

Yes, the solutions in this database are verified and reviewed by experts in the field of physics to ensure accuracy. However, it is always recommended for users to also double check their work and understanding of the solutions.

5. Can I contribute to this database?

Yes, most Physics Problem + Solution Databases are open source and welcome contributions from users. If you have a problem and solution that you would like to add, you can contact the database administrators or submit your contribution through their website.