The persistence of error in LaTex

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter awkward
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses a common problem of errors persisting in the Preview window when using LaTex in replies. The suggested solution is to clear the browser cache and use the Refresh button in the browser, which has been successful for some users.
awkward
Dear experts,

I have had a couple of instances recently where I have attempted to reply to a post with some LaTex in the reply, made a mess of the LaTex, and then corrected my error, but the error persists in the Preview window. I've even logged off and logged back on, but no matter-- my original error continues to show in Preview mode even though I have corrected it many times. I eventually give up and did not reply.

Any suggestions? Am I the only one this is happening to?

-Awkward

Physics news on Phys.org
I have the same problem. [so I post and then edit things quickly=)]

Thanks, that helps.

[tex]x=a+b[/tex] (Just testing!)

The Refresh button in my browser (Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3) seems to fix the problem.

Last edited:
I had this problem as well- I think the origin is the browser cache, not PF. When I clear 'recent history' (which also logs me off), most of this issue gets resolved.

1. What is "The persistence of error in LaTex"?

"The persistence of error in LaTex" refers to the phenomenon of encountering errors or mistakes in the typesetting language LaTex, even after repeated attempts to correct them.

2. Why do errors persist in LaTex?

Errors can persist in LaTex for a variety of reasons, including incorrect syntax, missing packages or files, or conflicts between different packages. Additionally, human error can also lead to persistent errors in LaTex documents.

3. How can I troubleshoot persistent errors in LaTex?

To troubleshoot persistent errors in LaTex, it is important to carefully check the syntax of your document and ensure that all necessary packages and files are included. You can also try compiling your document with different compilers or on different platforms to see if the error persists.

4. Can persistent errors in LaTex be fixed?

Yes, in most cases, persistent errors in LaTex can be fixed. By carefully reviewing your document and identifying the source of the error, you can make the necessary corrections and successfully compile your document without errors.

5. Are there any common errors that tend to persist in LaTex?

Yes, some common errors that tend to persist in LaTex include missing or incorrect punctuation, missing or incorrect commands, and missing or incorrect package names. It is important to pay attention to these details and troubleshoot them to avoid persistent errors.