Line current and oscillating current

In summary, the conversation is about the difference between line current and oscillating current in a parallel resonant LC circuit. The speaker is seeking clarification on the reason for their different magnitudes. They also inquire about a resource for further reading on this topic.
Pranav Jha
hey guys, i just started learning about tuned circuits. However, i can't understand the difference between line current and oscillating current and the reason for their different magnitudes in a parallel resonant LC circuit.
Please clarify the difference between the two.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Pranav Jha said:
hey guys, i just started learning about tuned circuits. However, i can't understand the difference between line current and oscillating current and the reason for their different magnitudes in a parallel resonant LC circuit.
Please clarify the difference between the two.

Do you have a link to what you are reading about this?

1. What is the difference between line current and oscillating current?

Line current refers to the flow of electricity through a conductor in a constant direction, typically from a power source to a load. Oscillating current, also known as alternating current, changes direction periodically, usually at a fixed frequency.

2. How do line current and oscillating current affect electrical systems differently?

Line current is used to power most household and industrial appliances, while oscillating current is used for devices that require a changing magnetic field, such as motors and generators. Oscillating current is also more efficient for long-distance transmission of electricity.

3. What causes line current and oscillating current to be produced?

Line current is typically generated by a power plant through the conversion of mechanical energy into electrical energy. Oscillating current is produced by using a device called an alternator, which rotates a coil of wire within a magnetic field to generate a changing current.

4. How are line current and oscillating current measured?

Line current is measured in amperes (A), which is a unit of electrical current. Oscillating current is measured in root mean square (RMS) amperes, which takes into account the changing direction of the current.

5. Can line current and oscillating current be used together?

Yes, line current and oscillating current can be used together in certain applications, such as in a transformer. The transformer can convert oscillating current to line current for use in household appliances and electrical equipment.