Internship Interview tomorrow with Boeing, any tips/words of advice?

In summary, the speaker has a phone interview with Boeing for an internship and has researched their interview format to be a behavioral interview using the STAR method. They are advised to prepare for questions related to leadership, work ethic, and diversity. Other tips include having a pen and paper, a copy of their resume, and using a landline with a speakerphone for the interview. The speaker thanks twofish for the advice and shares that the interview went well despite not having a landline.
USN2ENG
Hi all,

Well I lucked out and am getting a phone interview with Boeing tomorrow for a Manufacturing Engineering internship. I have researched their interview format and apparently they do a behavioral interview using the STAR method. Has anyone ever been through one of these? I found some information that says it would be best to go ahead and prepare a few situations along the lines of leadership/Work ethic/Diversity, so I will go ahead and do that.

If anyone else would like to spare some advice that would be great, Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
A few quick and easy ones:

1) have a pad and pencil ready.
2) have a copy of your resume
3) never do a phone interview over a cell or coreless phone. You want a land line with a speaker phone
4) if it helps, there isn't anything wrong with having a set of notecards with talking points that you want to emphasize

Thanks twofish! Just finished, and it went great! Unfortunately I didn't have access to a land line but it didn't seem to hold me up. Thanks again,
Chuck

1. What are the most important qualifications Boeing is looking for in an intern?

Boeing values a combination of technical skills, leadership abilities, and strong communication skills in their interns. It is important to showcase your technical knowledge, ability to work in a team, and your communication skills during the interview.

2. How can I prepare for the interview?

Research the company and the specific role you are interviewing for. Familiarize yourself with Boeing's history, products, and values. Prepare examples of how you have demonstrated the skills and qualifications they are looking for in an intern. Practice answering common interview questions and have a few questions prepared to ask the interviewer.

3. What should I wear to the interview?

It is important to dress professionally for an internship interview at Boeing. This means wearing business attire, such as a suit or dress pants and a dress shirt for men, and a suit, dress, or dress pants and blouse for women.

4. How can I stand out during the interview?

Be confident, articulate, and enthusiastic about the opportunity. Share specific examples of how you have demonstrated the skills and qualifications they are looking for. Show your passion for the industry and your willingness to learn and contribute to the company.

5. What should I do after the interview?

After the interview, send a thank-you email or note to the interviewer expressing your gratitude for the opportunity to interview. In the email, you can also mention any additional qualifications or experiences you may have forgotten to mention during the interview. It is also important to follow up with the interviewer if you have not heard back within the expected timeframe.