Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,671
I was getting it from the movie. Actually the radio. A long time ago I heard that song on the radio in a far place.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,672
Evo said:
The bottom piece (seen above) somehow made it's way to an exclusive art dealer in NY who assuming the piece was making a statement as a "non-actual abstract turtle", is offering it for sale for $15,900.
This happen to my non-actual abstract sculptures all the time. I sell them for $30, and see them for sale a year later in NY for $30,000. It's very irritating.

• #5,673
teeth shoe I bet you feel like putting your foot in your mouth then eh?

• #5,674
BicycleTree said:
Nothing counts better than salt cubes.
i agree :tongue:

• #5,675
BicycleTree said:
teeth shoe I bet you feel like putting your foot in your mouth then eh?
No, I feel like biting you with my foot.

• #5,676
Evo said:
<gasp> I WANT IT! :!)

Actually it's not abstract at all, the other part of the sculpture, the lid (or shell) has been lost. The two pieces, made in Taiwan, were originally sold at Walmart for $5.95. The bottom piece (seen above) somehow made it's way to an exclusive art dealer in NY who assuming the piece was making a statement as a "non-actual abstract turtle", is offering it for sale for $15,900.
:rofl: Yes, there are a lot of people who think turtles look better without their shells.

• #5,677
yomamma said:
i agree :tongue:
Curse ye! :devil:

• #5,678
Is BT abstract?

• #5,679
Yes, a lot of the time.

• #5,680
yomamma said:
Is BT abstract?
BT is abstractly actual.

• #5,681
Actually, BicycleTree is a neo-representationalist.

• #5,682
EXCEPT when he's working on the holy cross.

• #5,683
Oh, I get it now.

• #5,684
BicycleTree said:
Oh, I get it now.
Well, it's about time! :uhh:

• #5,685
For a long time I considered myself a schematic representionalist, but that's all changed.

• #5,686
BicycleTree said:
Oh, I get it now.
I don't believe you've understood a word you've said.

• #5,687
Indeed, I have come to eschew the philosophy that all of man's work is done to produce representation, that the great tragedies and heroisms of times past are only as important as the written history they produced, and that the end of all great science is in the transcription.

• #5,688
You're only pushing him further in the direction he's already pointed.

And who is this Bartholemew guy that is showing up as having posted in this thread. I don't see his post anywhere. Anyone else see the name Bartholemew?

• #5,689
BicycleTree said:
For a long time I considered myself a schematic representionalist, but that's all changed.
It's agood thing you're practising the coinage of phrases like "schematic representationalist" because it will distract some people from the fact you can't draw.

• #5,690
zoobyshoe said:
I don't believe you've understood a word you've said.
I know I never do.

• #5,691
Well, I can draw pretty well, actually. Not as well as I could a few years ago but I do know how to draw.

• #5,692
Huckleberry said:
Anyone else see the name Bartholemew?
My guess is he posted, then deleted and bolted. Pentimento.

• #5,693
Huckleberry said:
You're only pushing him further in the direction he's already pointed.

And who is this Bartholemew guy that is showing up as having posted in this thread. I don't see his post anywhere. Anyone else see the name Bartholemew?
It's the thread ghost. Not only is this thread alive, it has had it's own thread and now a ghost of a member that mysteriously vanished while trying to kill the thread. :bugeye:

• #5,694
BicycleTree said:
Indeed, I have come to eschew the philosophy that all of man's work is done to produce representation, that the great tragedies and heroisms of times past are only as important as the written history they produced, and that the end of all great science is in the transcription.
Boy, can you shovel the jargon.

• #5,695
Evo said:
It's the thread ghost. Not only is this thread alive, it has had it's own thread and now a ghost of a member that mysteriously vanished while trying to kill the thread. :bugeye:
That's a sad and poignant tale.

• #5,696
zoobyshoe said:
Boy, can you shovel the jargon.
He has great potential to become a politician. :biggrin:

• #5,697
BicycleTree said:
Well, I can draw pretty well, actually.
I thought you said it was abstractly.

• #5,698
BicycleTree said:
Well, I can draw pretty well, actually. Not as well as I could a few years ago but I do know how to draw.
Sounds like your an actual, historical, abstract artists: "Well, I used to be able to draw".

• #5,699
No, I can still draw actual stuff, pretty realistically.

• #5,700
zoobyshoe said:
Sounds like your an actual, historical, abstract artists: "Well, I used to be able to draw".
Yeah, I thought I drew a lot better when I was 5 than I do now. :rofl: I was a very good abstract artist then. :tongue2:

• #5,701
BicycleTree said:
No, I can still draw actual stuff, pretty realistically.
Show and Tell!

• #5,702
I do prefer Paint though. The electronic medium is far more versatile.

• #5,703
In fact, I would go so far as to say that there is no great reason besides tradition to use traditional means of painting.

• #5,704
Right now I have a very beautiful image that I cooked up.

• #5,705
Wonderful, really... it reminds me of evening and the pale yellow moon, but it was totally spontaneous. I didn't start it with a goal.

Back