Bring Back PF Chess - Have Fun & Interact with Members

• Thread starter Infrared
  • Start date
In summary: I'm sorry to hear that you don't enjoy playing chess. I think it is a fun and challenging game. I hope you will try it again someday.
Infrared
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There used to be a chess feature on this site. Unfortunately, this existed and was eliminated well before I became a member. I enjoy playing chess and from what I understand, so do many other members here. Is there a possibility of bringing back PF chess? I think it would be a great way for members to have fun and interact with each other.

Physics news on Phys.org
agree

i would like this too

WannabeNewton said:
i would like this too

I'd love nothing better than to smoke wbn at a nice game of chess :smile:

I'd love nothing more than to be beaten by WBN(And anyone else that knows the basic rules) at a nice game of chess.

Chess was interesting, but I uninstalled it after finding some security concerns.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Chess was interesting, but I uninstalled it after finding some security concerns.

Ah, that makes sense. It's too bad to hear that this is why chess wasn't/isn't possible, but security comes first I suppose.

Last edited:
You could start a PF chess.com group and then make a thread about it.

davidsnider said:
you could start a pf chess.com group and then make a thread about it.

+1.0001

DavidSnider said:
You could start a PF chess.com group and then make a thread about it.

That is a great idea! The only problem is that you need premium membership to create a group, which I don't have. If someone else does have premium membership and would like to create such a group, that would be great.

HS-Scientist said:
That is a great idea! The only problem is that you need premium membership to create a group, which I don't have. If someone else does have premium membership and would like to create such a group, that would be great.

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/physics-forums

Done.

Thank you! I just joined.

I don't know how to play D:

I better get on it.

There's no one there now :/

There is nice feat on chess.com called "vote chess":

Two groups play a game and the teams, consisting of members of the respective groups, discuss and vote on the moves to be made.
That's good fun.

I want to play chess! :grumpy:

1. What is "Bring Back PF Chess"?

"Bring Back PF Chess" is a fun and interactive online chess game that was popular on the website Physics Forums (PF) in the past. It allows members of the forum to challenge each other to games and interact while playing.

2. Can anyone join and play "Bring Back PF Chess"?

Yes, anyone who is a member of Physics Forums can join and play "Bring Back PF Chess". If you are not a member, you can easily sign up for a free account on the website.

3. How does "Bring Back PF Chess" work?

"Bring Back PF Chess" uses a simple interface where players can make moves by clicking and dragging pieces on a virtual chessboard. The game follows standard chess rules and players can communicate with each other through a chat feature.

4. Is "Bring Back PF Chess" only for expert chess players?

No, "Bring Back PF Chess" is for players of all skill levels. You can choose to play against players with similar skill levels or challenge yourself by playing against more experienced players. It's a great way to improve your chess skills and have fun at the same time.

5. Are there any benefits to playing "Bring Back PF Chess"?

Yes, besides being a fun and interactive game, "Bring Back PF Chess" also allows you to connect with other members of the forum and build a sense of community. It also helps improve critical thinking, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills, which are all important in the field of science.